Use data science to transform the future of public health with a STEM-designated dual degree from Adelphi in New York.
Why Earn Your Dual MPH and MS?
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, society urgently needs experts who can generate data-driven, evidence-based solutions to public health problems. This Master’s in Public Health and Master’s of Science dual degree program blends training across math, science, economics and public policy to produce graduates who can use health science data to promote health equity, address disparities among underserved populations and mitigate the impact of epidemics and natural disasters. With an MPH/MS degree on your résumé, you’ll be well-equipped to take on leadership roles at federal agencies, departments of health, research and academic institutions and healthcare facilities.
Why Earn Your Dual MPH and MS at Adelphi in New York?
- Secure a competitive edge in the job market by obtaining two in-demand graduate degrees for the price of one.
- Benefit from flexible scheduling arrangements (such as evening classes and hybrid options) as well as personalized attention from expert faculty and small class sizes.
- Gain real-world experience through exciting opportunities like research, internships and shadowing, then graduate ready to enter the workforce as an epidemiologist, data analyst, data scientist, biostatistician or researcher.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe strongly in the power of hands-on learning and the value it adds to our students’ future careers. In this Master’s in Public Health / Master’s in Applied Math & Data Science program, you’ll complete a practicum of 184 hours at a public health- or epidemiology-related agency, helping you build valuable skillsets, perspectives and connections. Students in our department regularly obtain positions at leading organizations and institutions such as:
- Nassau County Department of Health
- NY State Public Health Association
- Planned Parenthood
- American Lung Association
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to plan, execute and present an original research project through Adelphi’s Annual Research and Creative Works Conference.
Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics or other closely related degree, and have a minimum 2.85 cumulative GPA on official transcripts. Please submit the following:
- Online application form and $60 fee
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Personal essay
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution (in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics or a closely related and/or equivalent degree)
- TOEFL or IELTS required for international candidates if in the United States for less than three years
Awards & Recognition
- Mon-Thu: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm Fri: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm