We hear you. And we’re here for you—to address complaints or concerns, help resolve issues, and keep you informed every step of the way.
Adelphi University is committed to providing an environment where everyone feels welcome, included and respected.
The Office of Community Concerns and Resolution was created in August 2021 to provide members of the Adelphi community with a single office to report a nonemergency complaint or concern, including those that involve harassment, discrimination or sexual misconduct and to provide oversight of the many channels for issue resolution at Adelphi.
We’ll address your concern, keep you informed about the status of your report, let you know next steps, and guide you to people and resources that can help.
If you are in crisis, get help right away! Please reach out to these emergency contacts:
- On-campus: Public Safety is available 24 hours a day: Call Adelphi Public Safety by dialing ext. 5 on any campus phone.
- Off-campus: Call Adelphi Public Safety at 516.877.3511 or call 911.
What We Do
- Provide a centralized point of contact and oversight for handling complaints and concerns
- Support existing offices and procedures related to complaint resolution
- Increase transparency related to processes and policies
- Assist with coordinated responses regarding community member concerns by working with other departments as needed
- Serve as a resource to assist in addressing concerns that have been brought to our attention
Ways to Utilize the OCCR
- For assistance handling matters when multiple stakeholders are involved
- For questions related to what process, policy, or procedure should be utilized
- Policy recommendations or suggestions
Any member of the Adelphi community — student, faculty, staff, or alumni — can report a concern to the OCCR.
For non-urgent matters, you can call the office at 516.877.6864 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office will return messages within the next business day.
If your concern is an emergency you can reach out to Public Safety at 516.877.3511 or call 911.
No, you can submit the complaint or concern anonymously; however, follow-up for anonymously submitted reports will be limited.