Your health is our top priority.
Get access the latest updates, FAQs, and resources for the Adelphi community on the global coronavirus pandemic.
All registered students may access portions of their medical records quickly and easily via the Health Portal located within eCampus.
The Health Services Center provides access to quality healthcare and promotes wellness to Adelphi’s diverse student population.
We are committed to helping you become independent in meeting your health needs by offering multiple avenues into our comprehensive educational and preventative health and wellness programs.
We harbor an intense desire to listen to your needs, which we then integrate into future programs to greater assist you and your peers. Feel free to ask the staff about any health concerns you have. We’re here to serve you.
The center—located in Waldo Hall—has a varying schedule for its hours of operation based upon the University academic calendar. Emergency personnel are available around-the-clock during the fall and spring semesters.
The center is under the direction of a nurse practitioner, who is always available by appointment, Monday–Friday.
What We Do
The Health Services Center is dedicated to serving your health needs on a daily basis while encouraging you to integrate a healthy lifestyle into your personal, academic and career goals. Outside of promoting health awareness to our student body, we also maintain a top-tier emergency response team who responds to any accidents or injuries involving any person on campus.
The Health Services Center offers the following services:
- Nurse practitioners trained in primary and urgent care
- Visits with Registered Nurses for health education, promotion and prevention consultation
- Routine gynecological care
- Clearances for student-athletes
- Diet consultation with a registered dietician, by appointment only
- Emergency response to accidents or injuries on the Adelphi campus
- Referrals to other healthcare professionals or community organizations for non-emergency concerns, as appropriate
- Peer educators who provide wellness programs of interest and need to the campus population
We always strive to better meet your personal health needs, and by teaming up with other campus organizations, the Center offers workshops and seminars on health and wellness to help you maintain physical and mental health.
- Risk reduction strategies
- Stress management techniques
- Nutritional counseling
- Weight loss programs
- Smoking cessation programs
It is the policy of Health Services that we do not provide excuse notes for absences from class. If you miss class due to illness you must contact your professor according to your class policies.
If you are seriously injured or ill and require emergency care or admission to the hospital, the Health Services Center will contact the Office of Student Academic Services and Retention for you.
Medical leave may be initiated by the student if they believe that physical and/or psychological health issues are significantly interfering with their ability to succeed. Students must contact the Office of Academic Services and Retention at 516.877.3150 to discuss this issue.
- Spring 2022 May 20: 24-hour coverage ends May 21–22: 8:00am – 4:00pm
- Summer 2022 (Starts May 23) Mon–Fri: 8:00am – 4:00pm May 30: Closed June 17: Closed July 4: Closed August 22: 24-hour resumes at 7:00am