Prepare for a fulfilling career making a difference in the lives of children and adults with communication disorders.
What Can I Do with a Degree in Communication Disorders?
Gain pre-professional training in speech-language and hearing disorders. While most students go on to earn a graduate degree and become speech-language pathologists or audiologists, others pursue careers in education or special education, linguistics, science, healthcare, or administration.
Why Major in Communication Disorders at Adelphi?
- Benefit from hands-on experience in clinical practice and research at the on-site Hy Weinberg Center for Communication Disorders, something few other universities offer.
- Receive personal attention from distinguished faculty, who are relentlessly dedicated to supporting student success.
- Join a thriving on-campus community of like-minded individuals with countless opportunities for professional development, networking and community service.
Our program provides the opportunity to work toward one or more of the following certifications to expand your career opportunities:
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- New York state license to practice speech-language pathology or audiology in New York
- Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD) —also offering bilingual option
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Develop your clinical skills at the Hy Weinberg Center for Communication Disorders, a full-service speech and hearing center for individuals of all ages, abilities and ethnicities. Here you will have the opportunity to observe and work with clients diagnosed with aphasia, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, delayed language development, autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, articulation disorders and more.
Our Research Labs
Students are encouraged to participate in ongoing research projects in one of our seven research labs focused on speech-language pathology and communication disorders.
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: