Study art from passionate scholars who care deeply about research and teaching.
Why Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in Art History?
By pursuing a bachelor’s degree in art history, you can become a curator or art conservator.
Why Major in Art History at Adelphi?
- Benefit from working closely with faculty members who will advise you in your studies and guide you through your research.
- Receive one-on-one attention in small classes taught by our experienced art professors. Have the opportunity to take classes at some of the most famous museums in New York City.
- Become career-ready with the right tools and internship experiences to succeed outside the classroom.
93%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Galleries and Exhibitions
We proudly display the work of our students and faculty at ongoing exhibitions in gallery spaces in both Garden City and Manhattan:
- Ruth S. Harley University Center Gallery
- Swirbul Library gallery
- Gallery of the Performing Arts Center
- Manhattan Center Gallery
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Adelphi’s proximity to New York City gives you the opportunity to land an internship at some of the most famous museums and galleries in the world. Our professors will guide and support you through this process. Some additional components of our program include:
- Visiting art historians lecture series
- Seminar class that meets weekly at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- An opportunity to study Renaissance Art and Architecture in Florence, Italy
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: