Play a pivotal role in nurse training and education, earning your MS at one of New York’s top nursing programs.
Why Earn an MS in Nursing Education?
With an MS in Nursing Education, you’ll gain the skills to instruct students, evaluate their performance and design and implement innovative approaches to nursing education. While working in higher education is one potential career option, a degree in nursing education will also prepare you for other careers, like educating nurses in clinics and hospitals, a clinical supervisor role in healthcare settings or as a consultant for teaching institutions.
Why Earn Your MS in Nursing Education at Adelphi?
- Receive personalized attention in our small classroom setting while learning on the latest technology in our state-of-the-art simulation center.
- Benefit from the flexibility of a part-time program with a combination of online and on-campus learning that caters to working professionals.
- Learn the skills that will allow you and your students to easily adapt to the quickly changing demands of the healthcare industry, such as the global coronavirus outbreak.
- Cost-Saving Opportunity: Our new Graduate Merit Scholarship offers yearly awards ranging from $3,000 to $10,000. These can be renewed every year, so you can save substantially on tuition while earning a career-boosting Adelphi grad degree.
10%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Nursing administration students have two option to further their nursing education:
PhD in Nursing
Become a nurse-scholar and contribute to the development of the field, advancing healthcare through teaching, research and leadership.
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Available to strengthen the administrative or clinical capability of master’s-prepared nurses who are planning on or are already involved in a role expansion or change.
Graduate Certificate in Nursing Administration
This post-master's certificate in nursing administration strengthens the administrative or clinical capability of master’s-prepared nurses who are planning on or are already involved in a role expansion or change. The program is individualized to each applicant based on past experience.
Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education
This certificate is designed for students who already hold a master's degree in nursing and have clinical experience but who now wish to become more involved in education or pursue an educational role.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe hands-on experience is key to setting our students up for future career success. This is why we ensure our nursing students have firsthand medical experience through internships and out-of-the-classroom opportunities. You will have the opportunity to enhance your nurse educator skills through internships at:
On our main Garden City campus, we offer our nursing students uniquely tailored clinical experiences by simulating the hospital setting. We do this through the latest tools and technology available in our state-of-the-art simulation lab. The lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
Our state-of-the-art simulation lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
Students have access to two simulation manikins:
- Victoria, our birthing manikin, simulates a live birth and is one of only two such manikins in the tristate area.
- Hal, our new state-of-the-art pediatric manikin, is the most advanced pediatric patient simulator in the United States—capable of simulating lifelike emotions through dynamic facial expressions, movement and speech.
Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, a B or above in all science and nursing classes and should submit the following:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation from master’s-prepared nurses or above only, including credentials
- 500-word personal essay on your reasons for applying to the program
- All previous college transcripts, including final transcript documenting a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited four-year institution
- Applicants must submit their current New York State RN license