Expand your expertise with our postgraduate nurse certificate program.
Why Earn an Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate?
As the general population ages, there is an exponential demand for greater numbers of nurse practitioners to meet the primary care needs of adults. With an advanced nursing degree in adult gerontology primary care, you make a difference in the well-being of your clients in physician offices, outpatient clinics, long-term care facilities, home healthcare and assisted living facilities.
Our advanced certificate programs were designed for students who already hold a master’s degree in nursing and provide an educational route to specialize in an area other than the concentration in their master’s program.
Why Earn Your Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate at Adelphi?
- Develop into a comprehensive care practitioner who provides continuous care to adults across a broad patient spectrum in various settings and during any transition.
- Benefit from small class sizes with dedicated faculty who provide personalized support, as well as exceptional campus labs and resources.
- It’s a personalized part-time program where required course work may differ depending on the faculty’s evaluation of courses taken in the student’s prior work.
90%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2019
We offer our nursing students uniquely tailored clinical experiences by simulating the hospital setting in our newly opened 100,000-square-foot Nexus Building, with simulation labs, a smart-home healthcare system and telepresence robots.
Our state-of-the-art simulation lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
Students have access to two simulation manikins:
- Victoria, our birthing manikin, simulates a live birth and is one of only two such manikins in the tristate area.
- Hal, our new state-of-the-art pediatric manikin, is the most advanced pediatric patient simulator in the United States—capable of simulating lifelike emotions through dynamic facial expressions, movement and speech.
Each student’s program and required course work may differ depending on the faculty’s evaluation of courses taken in the student’s prior work. Areas of study include:
- Nurse Practitioner in Adult Health Nursing
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Education
Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, a B or above in all science and nursing classes and should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation, from master’s prepared nurses or above only, including credentials
- Current New York state RN license
- 500-word personal essay on your reasons for applying to the program
- All previous college transcripts, including final transcript documenting a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited four-year institution
- Final transcript documenting a master’s degree in nursing from an accredited four-year institution