Where intellectual curiosity comes to life through hundreds of undergraduate and graduate student presentations spanning disciplines from arts and humanities to natural and social sciences.
Find out more about Adelphi’s 19th annual celebration of scholarship and creativity.
From STEM to the Arts, Our Student Scholars Shine
The April 26, 2022 presentations ran the gamut, offered by undergraduate and graduate students from every field of study at Adelphi.
This year’s conference will take place on April 25, 2023.
2023 Scholarship and Creative Works Conference
An annual sign of spring, the Scholarship and Creative Works Conference—Research Day, for short—offers a showcase for hundreds of Adelphi University students as they present their research to fellow students, faculty members and visitors.
This annual celebration is a testament to the thriving academic environment and vibrant creative community experienced by students at Adelphi. We encourage all in our community to attend and explore the exceptional work being done by our students.
|12:00 pm – 5:00 pm||
|5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
A Celebration of Scholarship and Creativity
One day each spring, we come together as a community to celebrate student scholarship and creativity during the annual Adelphi University Scholarship and Creative Works Conference. Students get to share their hard work with their peers, faculty members and visitors. In the process, they build presentation and communication skills, learn to defend their work and engage with other academics, and, overall, develop an appreciation for scholarship and what it contributes to society. At the end of the day, we gather to recognize our award winners and congratulate our entire research community.
An Annual Celebration of ScholarshipScenes from our 19th annual Research and Creative Works Conference, which celebrates the innovation and creativity of Adelphi students. 7 Photos
2022 Spotlight: Select Presentation and Poster Titles
As you read the titles of this sampling of graduate and undergraduate research, you will see that our students’ interests are broad and far-reaching.
- Characterizing the Growth Kinetics of a Single Bacterium to Predict Antibiotic Resistance
- Do people with different income levels have different consumption choices: Online shopping or Offline?
- Stress levels in relation to student athletes
- Shattered Elements (an Original RPG game)
- Prejudice & The Power of Poetry: The Blind and Visually Impaired
- The Female Effect: How Female Therapists Influence Language Use
- Personality as a Predictor of Drinking Habits
- Preventing Hackers From Hacking Into Our Systems
- Analysis of Stone Technology From Ice Age Alaska
- Familicidal Men: What Drives Men to Murder Their Families?
- Family Caregivers Across the Lifespan From Emerging Adulthood Through Mid-Life
- Are narcissists worse at providing support? Exploring the relationship between narcissism and capitalization in romantic relationships
- 4th- and 5th-Grade Students’ Attitudes Toward Physical Activity
- Predation Analysis of Native and Invasive Intertidal Crab Species of Long Island
- A Research Proposal on Swallowing in Dementia Patients: A Safety or Efficiency Impairment?
- The Mind-Muscle Connection: The Role of Attention in Weight Training
- The Impact of Homelessness on Adolescent Psychosocial Development: A Qualitative Study
- The Emotional Implications of Pregnancy Discrimination
- The Ferris Wheel and the Hotdog Stand (literature reading)
- Is e-prescribing succeeding in the fight against medication errors in hospital settings?