Where intellectual curiosity comes to life through hundreds of undergraduate and graduate student presentations spanning disciplines from arts and humanities to natural and social sciences.
20th Adelphi Conference for Scholarship and Creative Works
This year’s conference will take place on April 25, 2023.
An annual sign of spring, the Scholarship and Creative Works Conference, offers the unique opportunity for hundreds of Adelphi University students to showcase their work as they present their research to fellow students, faculty, family members, alumni and visitors.
This annual celebration is a testament to the thriving academic environment and vibrant creative community experienced by students at Adelphi. We encourage all in our community to attend and explore the exceptional work being done by our students.
Tentative Conference Schedule
|10:30 am – 11:00 am||Complimentary breakfast|
|11:00 am – 12:00 pm||Energy panel discussion: Powering the Future: Transitioning to Clean Energy to Combat the Climate Crisis|
|12:00 pm – 5:00 pm||
|5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Keynote Speaker for the 20th Adelphi Conference
Dr. Francine Conway, a scholar and award-winning clinical psychologist widely recognized for her work in child psychopathology, was appointed Chancellor-Provost of Rutgers University–New Brunswick in July 2021.
Dr. Conway previously served as the Provost of Rutgers–New Brunswick. She is also a Distinguished Professor in the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, where she served as Dean from 2016 to 2020.
As Chancellor-Provost, Dr. Conway is leading the development and implementation of the Rutgers–New Brunswick Academic Master Plan, a comprehensive roadmap to excellence that will drive equitable student success through Access to Academic Excellence; attend to the wellbeing of the Beloved Community; and deepen the institution’s research, community, and economic engagement to benefit the Common Good.
As Provost, Dr. Conway embraced a commitment to building a diverse and inclusive environment for faculty, staff, and students, including recruitment of faculty from underrepresented demographics, and ensuring pathways to success for talented students from diverse and at-risk backgrounds.
Chancellor-Provost Conway is a past president of the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology, where she led a campaign to enhance the curriculum in preparing psychologists to lead social change. She has also represented Rutgers University in two Big Ten academic leadership programs.
Dr. Conway is a graduate of Cornell University and Columbia University, and earned her doctoral degree from the Gordon F. Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies at Adelphi University, where she later served on the faculty for 13 years.
A Celebration of Scholarship and Creativity
One day each spring, we come together as a community to celebrate student scholarship and creativity during the annual Adelphi University Scholarship and Creative Works Conference. Students get to share their hard work with their peers, faculty members and visitors. In the process, they build presentation and communication skills, learn to defend their work and engage with other academics, and, overall, develop an appreciation for scholarship and what it contributes to society. At the end of the day, we join our inspiring keynote speaker’s lecture and celebrate with our entire research community.
What is New in 2023?
A panel discussion Powering the Future: Transitioning to Clean Energy to Combat the Climate Crisis will begin the Scholarship and Creative Works Conference and include a complimentary breakfast. At this event, the panel of experts will share their insights on what’s happening in the fields of science, technology, and public policy. They’ll identify the challenges we’ll need to address and the opportunities that await as we transition to a cleaner, greener future.
As you read the titles of this sampling of graduate and undergraduate research, you will see that our students’ interests are broad and far-reaching.
Select Presentation and Poster Titles
- Characterizing the Growth Kinetics of a Single Bacterium to Predict Antibiotic Resistance
- Do people with different income levels have different consumption choices: Online shopping or Offline?
- Stress levels in relation to student athletes
- Shattered Elements (an Original RPG game)
- Prejudice & The Power of Poetry: The Blind and Visually Impaired
- The Female Effect: How Female Therapists Influence Language Use
- Personality as a Predictor of Drinking Habits
- Preventing Hackers From Hacking Into Our Systems
- Analysis of Stone Technology From Ice Age Alaska
- Familicidal Men: What Drives Men to Murder Their Families?
- Family Caregivers Across the Lifespan From Emerging Adulthood Through Mid-Life
- Are narcissists worse at providing support? Exploring the relationship between narcissism and capitalization in romantic relationships
- 4th- and 5th-Grade Students’ Attitudes Toward Physical Activity
- Predation Analysis of Native and Invasive Intertidal Crab Species of Long Island
- A Research Proposal on Swallowing in Dementia Patients: A Safety or Efficiency Impairment?
- The Mind-Muscle Connection: The Role of Attention in Weight Training
- The Impact of Homelessness on Adolescent Psychosocial Development: A Qualitative Study
- The Emotional Implications of Pregnancy Discrimination
- The Ferris Wheel and the Hotdog Stand (literature reading)
- Is e-prescribing succeeding in the fight against medication errors in hospital settings?