Where intellectual curiosity comes to life through hundreds of undergraduate and graduate student presentations spanning disciplines from arts and humanities to natural and social sciences.
20th Adelphi Conference for Scholarship and Creative Works
This year’s conference will take place on April 25, 2023.
An annual sign of spring, the Scholarship and Creative Works Conference, offers the unique opportunity for hundreds of Adelphi University students to showcase their work as they present their research to fellow students, faculty, family members, alumni and visitors.
This annual celebration is a testament to the thriving academic environment and vibrant creative community experienced by students at Adelphi. We encourage all in our community to attend and explore the exceptional work being done by our students.
Tentative Conference Schedule
|12:00 pm – 5:00 pm||
|5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Keynote Speaker for the 20th Adelphi Conference
We are delighted to host Dr. Francine Conway—Chancellor/Provost of Rutgers University—as this year’s keynote speaker. Dr. Conway is not only a distinguished professor for child psychology, but also a former professor for Adelphi’s Derner Institute. During her time at our university, she was instrumental in transforming the Adelphi Conference for Scholarship and Creative Works from humble beginnings into the showcase of student works it is today. For more information about Dr. Conway’s journey.
A Celebration of Scholarship and Creativity
One day each spring, we come together as a community to celebrate student scholarship and creativity during the annual Adelphi University Scholarship and Creative Works Conference. Students get to share their hard work with their peers, faculty members and visitors. In the process, they build presentation and communication skills, learn to defend their work and engage with other academics, and, overall, develop an appreciation for scholarship and what it contributes to society. At the end of the day, we join our inspiring keynote speaker’s lecture and celebrate with our entire research community.
As you read the titles of this sampling of graduate and undergraduate research, you will see that our students’ interests are broad and far-reaching.
Select Presentation and Poster Titles
- Characterizing the Growth Kinetics of a Single Bacterium to Predict Antibiotic Resistance
- Do people with different income levels have different consumption choices: Online shopping or Offline?
- Stress levels in relation to student athletes
- Shattered Elements (an Original RPG game)
- Prejudice & The Power of Poetry: The Blind and Visually Impaired
- The Female Effect: How Female Therapists Influence Language Use
- Personality as a Predictor of Drinking Habits
- Preventing Hackers From Hacking Into Our Systems
- Analysis of Stone Technology From Ice Age Alaska
- Familicidal Men: What Drives Men to Murder Their Families?
- Family Caregivers Across the Lifespan From Emerging Adulthood Through Mid-Life
- Are narcissists worse at providing support? Exploring the relationship between narcissism and capitalization in romantic relationships
- 4th- and 5th-Grade Students’ Attitudes Toward Physical Activity
- Predation Analysis of Native and Invasive Intertidal Crab Species of Long Island
- A Research Proposal on Swallowing in Dementia Patients: A Safety or Efficiency Impairment?
- The Mind-Muscle Connection: The Role of Attention in Weight Training
- The Impact of Homelessness on Adolescent Psychosocial Development: A Qualitative Study
- The Emotional Implications of Pregnancy Discrimination
- The Ferris Wheel and the Hotdog Stand (literature reading)
- Is e-prescribing succeeding in the fight against medication errors in hospital settings?