Transform your love of sports into a lucrative career, building skills in marketing, business and public relations.
Why Earn an MS in Sport Management?
With a degree in sport management, you can transform your passion for athletics into a rewarding professional life in college and high school athletic administration or sport-based youth development. You can also harness your communication and business skills to work in sports marketing, promotion, accounting or finance.
Why Earn Your MS in Sport Management at Adelphi?
- Gain unparalleled access to top industry professionals and unique internship opportunities in our New York location—at the heart of the ever-growing sport industry.
- Build the complete skill set you need to excel with our dynamic curriculum and opportunities for specialization.
- Expand your career opportunities while taking advantage of our generous financial aid offerings.
90%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2019
Students in our program can specialize in one of three areas:
Athletic administrators and directors supervise every aspect of a university or college program, including coaches, operations, staff and budget. In the collegiate athletic administration specialization, students prepare for these responsibilities by learning to:
- Apply administrative theory to issues in intercollegiate and interscholastic athletics
- Organize intramural and recreational sports programs
- Maintain compliance with state and federal laws
- Communicate strategic messages
- Plan and fund sports events
- Manage sports facilities
Develop the skills to promote brands in today’s complex, fast-paced marketing landscape by exploring:
- Promotion, advertising and sales management strategies
- Evaluation tools to measure campaign effectiveness
- Brand equity analysis and long-term development
- Communication techniques for public relations
- Licensing and merchandising
Adelphi University’s mission in sport-based youth development is to lead the field in education, training and research, thereby enhancing the practice of sport-based youth development locally, nationally and globally. This specialization prepares students for leadership positions in nonprofit organizations, interscholastic/intercollegiate sports settings, school systems, sport and summer camps, recreational and athletic leagues, professional sports settings and the corporate social responsibility sector of for-profit organizations.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
We are committed to providing all our students with opportunities to apply what they learn directly to their current and future athletic roles. All students in the program complete a capstone internship experience at locations such as:
In addition to the application and fee, applicants for this program should submit the following requirements:
- Application and $50 fee
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Résumé (preferred)