Transform your love of sports into a lucrative career, building skills in marketing, business and public relations.
Why Earn an MS in Sport Management?
With a degree in sport management, you can transform your passion for athletics into a rewarding professional life in college and high school athletic administration or sport-based youth development. You can also harness your communication and business skills to work in sports marketing, promotion, accounting or finance.
Why Earn Your MS in Sport Management at Adelphi University in New York?
- Gain unparalleled access to top industry professionals and unique internship opportunities in our New York location—at the heart of the ever-growing sport industry.
- Build the complete skill set you need to excel with our dynamic curriculum and opportunities for specialization.
- Expand your career opportunities while taking advantage of our generous financial aid offerings.
Athletic administrators and directors supervise every aspect of a university or college program, including coaches, operations, staff and budget. In the collegiate athletic administration specialization, students prepare for these responsibilities by learning to:
- Apply administrative theory to issues in intercollegiate and interscholastic athletics
- Organize intramural and recreational sports programs
- Maintain compliance with state and federal laws
- Communicate strategic messages
- Plan and fund sports events
- Manage sports facilities
Develop the skills to promote brands in today’s complex, fast-paced marketing landscape by exploring:
- Promotion, advertising and sales management strategies
- Evaluation tools to measure campaign effectiveness
- Brand equity analysis and long-term development
- Communication techniques for public relations
- Licensing and merchandising
Adelphi University’s mission in sport-based youth development is to lead the field in education, training and research, thereby enhancing the practice of sport-based youth development locally, nationally and globally. This specialization prepares students for leadership positions in nonprofit organizations, interscholastic/intercollegiate sports settings, school systems, sport and summer camps, recreational and athletic leagues, professional sports settings and the corporate social responsibility sector of for-profit organizations.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
We are committed to providing all our students with opportunities to apply what they learn directly to their current and future sport-industry roles. Fewer than 20 miles from New York City, Adelphi will serve as your home base as you gain experience in the field, from teams, leagues and nonprofits. All students in the program complete a capstone internship experience at locations such as:
In addition to the application and fee, applicants for this program should submit the following requirements:
- Application and $60 fee
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Résumé (preferred)
Awards & Recognition