Prepare for a rewarding professional career, no matter what music path you choose.
Why Earn Your BS in Music?
You can pursue roles in the music industry, including performance, composition, radio, recording, publishing and presentation.
Why Major in Music and Music?
- Receive individualized attention and be part of small classes where professors take pride in your successes.
- Learn the skills necessary to launch your career in music from a distinguished faculty of actively engaged educators, performers and composers.
- Take part in regular performances in our world-class Adelphi University Performing Arts Center and interact with acclaimed visiting performing artists.
100%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Minor & Concentrations
The minor in music is designed for students who have chosen another field of study as their major, but wish to be more informed about music and become more experienced in high-level music performance.
Concentration in Composition
Work with faculty members in the department to develop a strong body of compositions for your portfolio, helping to strengthen your graduate school applications.
Concentration in Vocal Performance
The vocal performance concentration prepares music majors to be more competitive, whether you decide to apply for graduate school, audition for performances or pursue other job opportunities.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Our music students participate in cocurricular opportunities off campus to broaden their experiences and enrich our communities:
- Wrote and performed new compositions at the Walt Whitman bicentennial celebration.
- Composed and performed original music for space-themed videos at Music and Astronomy Night at the Cradle of Aviation Museum.
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: