With a degree in music education, you can become a K–12 classroom music instructor or private teacher.
Why Earn Your BS in Music Education?
The degree leads to K-12 Certification in Music from the New York State Education Department opening a variety of exciting employment opportunities to graduates such as public school, private school, and early childhood music teaching, as well as studio teaching.
Why Major in Music Education at Adelphi University in New York?
- Receive individualized attention and be part of small classes where professors take pride in your successes.
- Learn the skills necessary to launch your career in music from a distinguished faculty of actively engaged educators, performers and composers.
- Get prepared for a career as a music teacher at the elementary and secondary levels in general, vocal and instrumental music.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Our music education students participate in cocurricular opportunities off campus to broaden their experiences and enrich our communities:
- Presented with faculty at conferences and festivals held by Balanced Mind, the Early Childhood Music and Movement Association, and New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) All-State.
- Taught workshops and served as judges at the Nassau County P.E.A.K. (Parents Educators And Kids) music festival for fourth graders.
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: