Reach your potential and become a school leader.
New applicants for the School District Leader Advanced Certificate are now being accepted for the Fall 2020 semester. Additional Educational Leadership Programs will be offered in January 2021. All inquiries are invited and should be directed to Lisa Minicozzi, EdD.
Why Earn an MA in Educational Leadership?
Educational leadership is ideal for the teacher who aspires to be in a leadership position or for the building leader who wants to work in central office administration.
Why Earn an MA in Educational Leadership at Adelphi?
Through a combination of theoretical and field-based study, candidates will gain greater knowledge and proficiency in the management of school personnel and in the role technology plays in educational practice. The programs prepare students for a variety of leadership roles such as principal, assistant principal, department chairperson or supervisor.
- Build deep working relationships with your professors and peers thanks to small classroom settings.
- Enhance your credentials in a highly competitive field.
- Benefit from hybrid courses, accommodating the needs of hardworking professionals
Applicants must have a NYS teacher certification in addition to a minimum 3.0 GPA and should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Two letters of reference
- A current résumé or CV
Applicants interested in the advanced certificate program should submit the following:
- Final transcript documenting a master’s degree from an accredited four-year institution