College is a time of growth and exploration, but also a lot of pressure.
We provide comprehensive mental health, preventative and educational services to any student enrolled at Adelphi.
If you would like a place to build community, find out more about our group programs.
Headspace Mindfulness App for Students
We’ve partnered with Headspace to offer students free access to their app, which provides you with additional support to manage your psychosocial stressors.
Staffed by a psychiatrist, licensed clinical psychologists, social workers, graduate-level social work interns, and doctoral-level clinical psychology interns, the center can provide you with the services and support to help you define and accomplish your personal, academic, and professional goals.
If you are in crisis, please reach out to the emergency contacts listed below.
In Case of an Emergency
- On-campus: Call Adelphi Public Safety by dialing extension 5 on any campus phone.
- Off-campus: Call Adelphi Public Safety at 516.877.3511 or call 911.
Garden City Campus: 516.877.3646
The Student Counseling Center is also proud to provide counseling services for students at our learning hubs. For students currently enrolled at our:
- Suffolk Hauppauge Center
- Hudson Valley Center
- Manhattan Center
To begin counseling please reach out to the center by phone at 516.877.3646 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crisis Services and Hotlines
The SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline, 1.800.985.5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster. This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. Call 1.800.985.5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- Crisis Text Line – Text “START” to 741741 to get in touch with a trained crisis counselor. Available 24/7.
- COVID-19 Emotional Support Line – 1.844.863.9314
- GLBT National Help Center – 1.888.843.4564
- Long Island Crisis Center – Crisis intervention, counseling, information, referral and other supportive services. Speak to a counselor via chat or call 516.679.1111. Available 24/7.
- Mental Health Association of Nassau County – 516.504.HELP (4357)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
- NYC WELL – 1.888.692.9355
- Response of Suffolk County – 631.751.7500
- Substance Abuse – Resources for dealing with substance abuse
- The Trevor Project – Text ‘start’ to 678678 or call 866.488.7386. Crisis intervention and suicide prevention services, including an online, phone or text option for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
Rape, Sexual, Partnership and Domestic Violence Support
Mental and Emotional Support
Support for LGBTQIA+ Students
If you are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning and would like a place to build community, find out more about our programs and resources.
Support for International Students
Acclimating to a new country and culture may present unique challenges. Everyday issues related to negotiating academic and personal responsibilities can be compounded by cultural stressors encountered both on- and off-campus.
Support for Students of Color
The Student Counseling Center is committed to the delivery of culturally competent services that honor and are responsive to the needs, strengths, and identities of Adelphi's diverse community of students, faculty, and staff. To support the mental and emotional health of our community, we intentionally and continuously strive to develop and provide services that contribute to the promotion of social justice, inclusivity and equality.
The Student Counseling Center at Adelphi University is dedicated to providing our student veterans with emotional support.
The Counseling Center is operating and available to support students in a remote capacity. To begin counseling please reach out to the center by phone at 516.877.3646 or by email at email@example.com. Our hours of operation are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Messages left after hours will be returned the next business day.