We'll give credit for your licensed practical nurse training which can lead to a bachelor's degree.
Why Pre-Nursing at Adelphi?
- Receive college Life Experience credit for your LPN training and other work experiences.
- Take advantage of convenient courses that allow you to work full time.
- Finish your bachelor’s degree program in less time and at less cost.
Prepping for the BS in Nursing Degree at Adelphi
The AA in Liberal Arts: Pre-Nursing Concentration can lead to a BS in Nursing from the College of Nursing and Public Health. While it does not guarantee admission into this program, enrolled students are well prepared to meet the following requirements:
- complete the AA with a cumulative GPA of 3.3
- take the TEAS entrance exam
- complete prerequisite courses for the BS program
95%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies was founded to serve the nontraditional and adult student, and its admission policy reflects a commitment to enrolling students who may have not had the opportunity to complete their degree in a traditional undergraduate program.
- An SAT score is not required.
- Although past academic records are required and reviewed, more focus is placed on a student’s present motivation to earn a degree than with previous academic performance.
- The Office of University Admissions makes every effort to notify candidates of their admission decision approximately three weeks after a completed application is received.