Join one of the highest-ranked programs in the country, designed to prepare you for a rewarding career in nursing.
Why Earn Your BS in Nursing?
You will take a critical role in the expanding healthcare field, promoting wellness throughout the life span. You can work in a doctor’s office, a hospital or a healthcare facility, and you can specialize in any number of medical areas.
Why Major in Nursing at Adelphi?
- Gain direct-entry admission as a first-year student into our highly-ranked nursing program, and launch your study of nursing in a world-class program.
- Learn hands-on nursing and assessment skills in a state-of-the-art simulation center utilizing the latest technology.
- Gain valuable experience in a wide variety of high-quality clinical settings.
- Have a chance to “live the life of a nurse” with extensive on-the-job work experience so you can smoothly transition to your nursing career.
Additional Undergraduate Nursing Degree Options
Whether you are looking to change careers or trying to keep up with the rapidly evolving healthcare landscape, our nursing program has multiple degree options that can get you where you need to go.
Accelerated BS in Nursing
If you are looking to change careers, we can put you on a fast track to success with our Accelerated BS in Nursing program offered each summer. This track allows students who have a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing to complete our BS in Nursing program in 14 months.
RN to BS in Nursing (Online)
Centered around meeting current needs in the field, this track allows registered nurses to work while they earn their degree, and also build an excellent foundation for graduate studies, both in nursing and in other fields.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe hands-on experience is key to setting our students up for future career success. This is why as a nursing student you will have access to firsthand medical experience at one of our dedicated education units (DEUs) located at:
- Huntington Hospital, Northwell Health
- Mather Hospital, Northwell Health
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Perioperative Program
- NYU Winthrop Hospital Perioperative Program
- St. Francis Hospital, Catholic Health Services
In addition, we have clinical opportunities in all five boroughs of New York City and Nassau and Suffolk counties.
On our main Garden City campus, we have the opportunity to offer our nursing students uniquely tailored clinical experiences by simulating the hospital setting. We do this through the latest tools and technology
Our state-of-the-art simulation lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
- Victoria, our birthing manikin, simulates a live birth and is one of only two such manikins in the tristate area.
- Hal, our new state-of-the-art pediatric manikin, is the most advanced pediatric patient simulator in the United States—capable of simulating lifelike emotions through dynamic facial expressions, movement and speech.
To apply for this program offered during fall and spring semesters, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Students wishing to transfer into the baccalaureate nursing program must have:
- A minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
- No more than one prerequisite science grade lower than C+ (The Office of Admissions considers all attempted grades, regardless of whether the course has been retaken)
- Successfully passed the ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Individuals holding a baccalaureate or master’s degree in a major other than nursing are eligible to apply for the BS in Nursing program.
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: