Study human movement and work with advanced and recreational athletes, promoting fitness, longevity and wellness.
Why Earn a Master’s in Exercise Science?
With a master’s in exercise science you will open the doors to a number of career opportunities including clinical exercise physiology, cardiac rehabilitation, personal training and strength and conditioning. Some students will decide to continue their education pursuing doctoral degrees in allied health or exercise physiology or go to medical school.
Why Earn Your Master’s in Exercise Science at Adelphi?
- Prepare to work with a wide range of clients, including high-level athletes, as well as others with cardiovascular, pulmonary, orthopedic or metabolic issues, and be eligible for American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) clinical certification.
- Take advantage of our flexible program format with online course options and personal attention in small classes taught by leaders in exercise science.
- Benefit from being part of a STEM-designated program, letting future employers know you graduated from a rigorous program.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Apply your classroom knowledge in professional settings. Recent internship opportunities have included:
Graduate Assistantships are available on a competitive basis.
Our Research Labs
Engage with the latest technology for exercise testing in Adelphi’s state-of-the-art Human Performance Lab. Develop exercise training initiatives and work with clients in our on-site adult fitness center, gaining invaluable experience in testing, programming and interpersonal skill-building.
In addition to a completed application for graduate admission and application fee, applicants must submit:
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Final transcript stating bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Personal essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Prerequisites with a minimum grade of B:
BIO (0105) 203 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I Credits: 4.00
BIO (0105) 204 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I I Credits: 4.00
ESC (0854) 361 – Kinesiology Credits: 3.00