Become a nurse-scholar at a preeminent nursing school, advancing healthcare through teaching, research and leadership.
100% Online Nursing PhD
The College of Nursing and Public Health will offer our prestigious doctoral program in Nursing totally online. Advance your nursing career on your own time, from your own home.
Benefits of 100% Online Nursing PhD
- Flexible: You will learn on a schedule that’s flexible and convenient to your family/work life.
- Supportive: You will feel fully engaged and enjoy personalized support as you complete coursework and dissertation progression.
- Affordable: You will not incur housing, meal and travel costs.
What Can You Do With a PhD in Nursing?
With your PhD in nursing, you can take on the role of the nurse scientist, prepared to conduct research, publish, provide leadership to the profession and contribute overall to the nursing discipline’s knowledge base. You can join the faculty of a nursing school, taking on the critical role of educating future nurses. You may also prefer to contribute your research and scholarship in the area of administration, research and healthcare outcomes improvement.
Why Earn Your PhD in Nursing at Adelphi?
- Draw on our rich, 75-year history of preparing nurses to advance into leadership roles while embracing the future of healthcare with new programs
- Prepare to be a future nursing faculty member through a specialized education concentration taught in a designated National League for Nursing Center of Excellence.
- Apply for federal funding through the Nurse Faculty Loan program, a low-interest, federal loan repayment program.
The PhD in Nursing is centered on research, providing courses in one concentration in which you can focus your career path:
- Nursing Education – Prepare to educate tomorrow’s nurses; you can garner a position in hospital systems or academia.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
The application deadline for admission is May 1. Applicants for the program should submit the following:
- Completed graduate application and $60 fee
- MS or MSN from an accredited program (CCNE or NLNAC approved)
- Be licensed as an RN in New York
- Professional letters of reference from individuals with a doctoral degree such as a supervisor, committee chair or former professor
- Evidence of successful completion of a graduate-level statistics course taken in the last five years
- Professional writing sample and personal essay
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions. Proof of bachelor’s and master’s degrees from an accredited four-year institution
- Qualified applicants may be called for an interview.
Awards & Recognition