Earn an in-demand degree from a top nursing school in New York, preparing to treat adults from adolescent to middle to advanced age.
Why Specialize in Adult-Gerontology as a Nurse Practitioner?
As the general population ages, there is an exponential demand for greater numbers of nurse practitioners to meet the primary care needs of adults. With a master’s degree in adult gerontology primary care, you are positioned to make a difference in the well-being of your clients.
Why Choose An Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program at Adelphi in New York?
- Earn your adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner degree either in a part-time blended program that mixes online and on-campus courses or in a fully online program with no on-campus requirement— designed to help working professionals successfully balance academics and career.
- Develop into a comprehensive care practitioner who provides continuous care to adults across a broad patient spectrum in various settings and during any transition.
- Benefit from small class sizes with dedicated faculty who provide personalized support, as well as exceptional campus labs and resources.
- Prepare for Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner exams offered by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
MS in Adult Gerontology Primary Care NP Program Adds Online
The Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner MS program at Adelphi is now available online. It will also remain in-person.
Significant Nursing Tuition Discounts
Graduate nursing students enrolled in the Adelphi University College of Nursing and Public Health who also are employees of Northwell Health, NYU Langone Health and Nassau County Government are eligible for a 15 percent tuition discount on those graduate programs.
Students should check with their employer to see if they are a current participant.
Visit employer reimbursement to learn more.
Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program students have two options to further their nursing education:
Advanced Standing DNP
Adelphi's accredited advanced standing DNP program prepares advanced practice nurses seeking a terminal degree in nursing practice.
PhD in Nursing
Become a nurse-scholar and contribute to the development of the field, advancing healthcare through teaching, research and leadership.
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMH-NP)
This certificate program is designed to educate nurses who have an MS degree and are NPs in another speciality to provide primary psychiatric and mental health care across the lifespan (child-adolescence through geriatric).
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
As a student at Adelphi, you’ll have the opportunity to gain clinical experience through internships at some of the nation’s leading healthcare facilities on Long Island and in New York City including:
We offer our nursing students uniquely tailored clinical experiences by simulating the hospital setting in our newly opened 100,000-square-foot Nexus Building, with simulation labs, a smart-home healthcare system and telepresence robots.
Our state-of-the-art simulation lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
Students have access to two simulation manikins:
- Victoria, our birthing manikin, simulates a live birth and is one of only two such manikins in the tristate area.
- Hal, our new state-of-the-art pediatric manikin, is the most advanced pediatric patient simulator in the United States—capable of simulating lifelike emotions through dynamic facial expressions, movement and speech.
Clinical Education & Simulation Lab (CESiL)Located in the Nexus Building on Adelphi’s campus, the 22-bed CESiL houses seven clinical exam rooms, a delivery room, a pediatric exam room and a home-care setting. Students learn in a safe environment, where mistakes can be made without endangering patients, and train in situations ranging from emergency to routine.
Clinical Education & Simulation Lab (CESiL)Located in the Nexus Building on Adelphi’s campus, the 22-bed CESiL houses seven clinical exam rooms, a delivery room, a pediatric exam room and a home-care setting. Students learn in a safe environment, where mistakes can be made without endangering patients, and train in situations ranging from emergency to routine. 7 Photos
Inside the Clinical Education and Simulation Lab
Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, a B or above in all science and nursing classes and should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $60 fee
- Current New York state RN license
- 500-word personal essay on your reasons for applying to the program
- All previous college transcripts, including final transcript documenting a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited four-year institution
Awards & Recognition