Enter the mental health field and become a psychoanalyst clinician.
Why Earn Your Certificate in Psychoanalysis at Adelphi?
This five-year part-time program has been approved by the New York State Department of Education to offer the didactic and supervised clinical experience required to apply for licensure as a psychoanalyst in New York State. Graduates will also receive an Advanced Certificate in Psychoanalysis from Adelphi University. Candidates will:
- Complete one year of course work in psychopathology, psychodiagnosis, psychoanalytic research, and sociocultural influences on psychoanalytic treatment
- Prepare for the four-year Program in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (Upon successful completion of the first year, candidates can apply for admission to the full analytic program.)
- Participate in group supervision and process groups to improve their clinical skills and foster good working relations
Throughout the 5 years, courses will meet one night a week (Wednesdays) on the Garden City campus from 6:00-9:15 p.m. with group supervision or group process meetings before classes on a monthly basis from 5:00-6:00 p.m. Each course will provide 12 hours of class time (2.0 educational units), or 1 educational unit per 6 hours of class time. Classes do not provide course credits.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Applicants for this program and should submit the following:
- A masters degree or other advanced degree (e.g., JD)
- A doctorate or master’s degree in a mental health field
- Online application form and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic or professional source
- Personal essay (500 words)
- All official college/university transcripts
Two interviews with members of the Postgraduate Admissions Committee will be arranged.