Jessica Vadala, a graduate student in accounting, faced the choice many experienced professionals only dream of: Which one of the five job offers she received in one day should she take? The list included offers from the Big Four accounting firms.
Develop a modern business mind-set and elevate your career options with a degree from our top-ranking business school.
What Do You Gain From an MBA?
Examine 21st-century management issues on a macro and global level and gain a solid foundation in business fundamentals. Design your own path by either opting to take a more general approach and spreading your studies over several functional areas or choosing to specialize in one of a number of areas such as accounting, finance, health services administration, human resource management, information systems, management, marketing or sport management.
Why Earn Your MBA at Adelphi?
- Earn a valuable business degree while maintaining your career thanks to our program’s flexibility, which includes evening classes, online and on-campus learning, and full- and part-time enrollment options.
- Receive personal attention from faculty with real-world experience who are available to advise you both inside and outside of the classroom and are dedicated to your success.
- If you specialize in accounting, you’ll have the option to prepare for the CPA Exam with our on-campus review course from Becker Professional Education, a leader in the exam-prep industry. You’ll receive intensive preparation for all four sections of the exam, giving you the opportunity to pass each of them within months of graduation. Passing the exam greatly increases your marketability.
- Benefit from our school’s reputation as a member of a select group of internationally accredited institutions meeting the highest standards for business education.
90%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2019
If you are looking to concentrate your MBA studies on a specific business discipline, we offer eight options for specialization:
Gain technical, analytical and managerial skills that will give you an edge in this growing market.
Explore advanced finance electives and have the opportunity to use the Riley Trading Room to complete your Bloomberg Market Concepts certification.
Health Services Administration
Integrate leading business knowledge, skills and competencies to lead and manage healthcare systems.
Human Resource Management
Aligned with the curriculum requirements of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), get an edge in the job market by taking the SHRM-CP certification exam before you graduate.
Learn to analyze, design and manage information systems, integrating information technology and management strategy to find effective solutions and make data-driven decisions.
Develop leadership skills tailored to today’s business environment.
Make connections with customers as a marketing leader.
Get an introduction to contemporary sport industry management strategies and marketing concepts and enhance your communication and leadership skills.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe strongly in the power of hands-on learning and the value it plays in advancing the future careers of our students. By attending the Willumstad School of Business, students gain valuable firsthand experience directly applying their classroom knowledge to various internship opportunities. Students can gain additional hands-on experience by participating in Adelphi’s Business Plan Competition, where they can submit innovative ideas for new business ventures and be eligible for a number of cash prizes.
Applicants should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Personal essay
- A letter of recommendation
Graduate students officially registered in other divisions of the University may register for course work within the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business only if written permission from the appropriate dean, adviser or chair is presented at registration. It must indicate that the course work taken within the School of Business will count toward degree requirements in the corresponding program. Students registering on a continuing basis under this classification will be considered visiting students.
Graduate students officially registered in a business degree program at another accredited university may register for course work within the Willumstad School of Business if written permission from their appropriate dean, chair or program director is presented at registration.