Use your passion for health to launch a career in nutrition—and learn how foods promote wellness and prevent disease.
Why Earn an MS in Nutrition?
Become an advocate for healthy nutrition, learning how to effectively communicate important nutritional information to the public. Advance your career as a nutrition researcher, educator, administrator, advocate and private practitioner in a broad range of settings, including hospitals, schools, public health departments and health and fitness clubs.
Why Earn Your MS in Nutrition at Adelphi?
- Learn from a cutting-edge curriculum focused on the most relevant nutritional issues affecting a large percentage of the population.
- Benefit from the level of knowledge and experience shared through courses that were developed and are taught by leading nutrition experts.
- Experience the best of both worlds, with 100 percent online, instructor-led courses that are not only convenient but engaging, personalized and academically rigorous.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Applicants to the program must have official transcripts showing a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA and completion of the following prerequisite courses:
- An undergraduate introductory nutrition course
- An introductory statistics course
- A human anatomy and physiology two-course sequence with laboratory
- A minimum 4-credit chemistry course with laboratory
Prospective students must talk with the program director before being admitted.
In addition to the prerequisite courses, applicants must submit:
- A 500-word essay detailing the reason you are pursuing this degree
- Final transcripts showing proof of bachelor’s degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Interview via phone or in-person
- A minimum TOEFL score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 for international students whose native language is not English
International students in this program are not eligible for an F-1 visa.