Adelphi University’s Commencement ceremony will be held Monday, May 23 at Nassau Live Center, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, NY.
The deadline to register to attend Adelphi’s 2022 Commencement has now passed.
The deadline to request guest tickets via MarchingOrder has passed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns. All guest tickets will be emailed to the graduate from email@example.com in mid-May.
Students do not need a ticket for themselves. All graduates who registered to attend commencement on Marching Order have been emailed a GradPass, which will serve as the graduate’s entry to the venue.
Graduates and guests must arrive at Nassau Coliseum, 1255 Hempstead Turnpike in Uniondale, by 10:45 am on May 23.
The Commencement ceremony will begin promptly at 12:00 noon.
Graduates and guests arriving by car should enter through the Earl Ovington Blvd entrance and proceed to Lot 1. Students will enter through the VIP entrance and all guests will enter through the Main Entrance.
Adelphi will provide shuttle service from the Hempstead Transit Terminal for those taking public transportation.
On Monday, May 23, 2022, the shuttle service for Commencement 2022 will operate from the Hempstead Transit Center to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Shuttles are scheduled to depart Hempstead upon arrival of the following LIRR trains:
- 8:28 am
- 9:48 am
- 10:52 am
Shuttle service returning to the Hempstead Transit Center will begin at the conclusion of commencement. Westbound LIRR trains from Hempstead are scheduled to depart as follows:
- 4:12 pm
- 5:01 pm
Anyone requiring a bus equipped with a chair lift must call public safety and transportation at 516.877.3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, 48-hours in advance for transportation service on commencement day.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have elevated the COVID-19 community transmission level in our area to HIGH
- Masks are strongly encouraged for those attending the 2022 Commencement ceremony
- Should Nassau County announce an indoor mask requirement for the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, masks will become mandatory for all Commencement attendees
- No proof of vaccination or testing will be required
Adelphi’s 126th Commencement will be livestreamed for those who are unable to attend in person.
- Accessible Parking: Accessible parking is located on both the north and south sides of the Coliseum and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. A state or local handicap parking permit or license plate is required.
- ADA Compliant Seating for Guests: Nassau Coliseum has clearly marked sections for wheelchair-accessible seating. These sections are limited to one companion per guest using a wheelchair.Please note that Adelphi University and the Coliseum do not have wheelchairs available for Commencement. Guests interested in renting a wheelchair for the ceremony are encouraged to contact a home healthcare supplier in the area. It is strongly suggested that guests with mobility limitations consider using assistive devices.
- ADA Compliant Restrooms: There are restrooms designed to accommodate guests with disabilities conveniently located throughout the Coliseum concourse and in the lower lobby.
- Elevator Access: The elevator to access the lower level Coliseum Expo Center for student and faculty robing, lineup and procession are located near the main entrance.
An American Sign Language interpreter will be present at the ceremony. Please contact the Student Access Office at email@example.com with any questions.
Get Ready Class of 2022!
Important Dates and Info
There are several important dates and deadlines 2022 graduates should keep in mind. Take a look at your next steps.
How to Wear Academic Regalia
Students are required to wear caps, gowns and tassels when participating in Adelphi University's Commencement Ceremony.
Don’t miss out on the memories. Sign-up to receive your free 2022 Oracle Yearbook.
Honorary Degree Recipients
Renowned violinist, humanitarian and pioneer of social justice in the arts, Kelly Hall-Tompkins will receive an honorary degree and serve as keynote speaker at Adelphi’s 2022 Commencement.
We will also confer the 2020 honorary degree of José Singer Weisinger '73, businessman, entrepreneur and adviser to the president of the Dominican Republic on international affairs. Singer was formerly ambassador and special envoy to the United Nations Security Council.