The Center for International Education (CIE) administers programs that work toward establishing Adelphi University as a leader in international awareness and activity.
The Center for International Education (CIE) administers programs that work toward establishing Adelphi University as a leader in international awareness and activity. Efforts include study abroad, campus internationalization, international faculty development and bilateral cooperation and exchange.
Out of an abundance of caution and in order to mitigate health and safety risks faced by students, faculty, and staff, Adelphi University has suspended all study abroad and international programs for the fall 2020, January Intersession, and spring 2021 semesters. Information on summer 2021 study abroad opportunities will be shared as it becomes available.
Currently, the CDC and U.S. Department of State have travel advisories in place that recommend individuals avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. If you are interested in doing independent research on travel during the coronavirus pandemic, the best resources are the CDC and World Health Organization. Adelphi University will continue to communicate with our partners throughout the world and remains committed to international experiences.
Though study abroad is not possible this semester, we hope you will take advantage of the virtual international education opportunities below that allow you to gain global perspectives, and think about where you may study abroad in the future.
Think about your next Faculty-led Course
Faculty-led study abroad programs are short-term programs and an excellent way to earn Adelphi credit and study a special topic with an Adelphi professor in a new cultural context.
- Travel along with the AU students who participated in a faculty-led study abroad course in Kenya last year. Find more information about the course.
- The Globe Theatre – Watch Shakespearean plays in their original performance space.
- The Royal Opera House – Stream opera and ballet from the Royal Opera House in London.
- The Vatican Museum – Vatican City (Adelphi in Florence)
Adelphi students are able to study anywhere in the world! Here are some additional resources to explore a new location, wander through world-class museums, and find a great new book. Where will you go?
- Google Arts & Culture – Explore cities, sites, and even museums.
- Virtual Travel Experiences – Everything from cat cafes in Kyoto to tours of Easter Island.
- AirPano – “A virtual journey around the world” with interactive 360° content and local information.
- This Youtube playlist from National Geographic includes natural and historical sites and what quarantine is like around the world.
- Virtual dive tours of Hawaiian reefs, shipwrecks, and more.
- Discover D.C. in 360 – Virtual tours of D.C.’s public monuments and even the Smithsonian.
- Stonehenge Virtual Tour: Inside the Stones
- Cliffs of Moher
- Grand Tour of Switzerland
- A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Housseni
- The Book Thief – Markus Kusak
- Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- The Nightingale – Kristin Hannah
- The Sorrow Of War: A Novel of North Vietnam – Bảo Ninh
- Rooftops of Tehran – Mahbod Seraji
- Flip Flop Flamenco – Mark Shearman
- The Good Earth – Pearl S. Buck
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas – John Boyne
- Middlese x – Jeffrey Eugenides
- Shadow of the Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Pachinko – Min Jin Lee
- House of the Spirits – Isabelle Allende
Browse our Study Abroad Opportunities
Study abroad is an experience of a lifetime! You will experience another culture and see the world from new perspectives.
Financing and Scholarships
Adelphi University and external organizations offer our students financial assistance to study abroad.
Find everything you'll need to know about passports, visas, arranging travel, packing, health, safety and more.