Comprehensive study with psychoanalysis and psychotherapy training.
Why Earn Your Certificate in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy at Adelphi University in New York?
The Four-Year Postgraduate Program in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy offers candidates the opportunity to acquire the didactic and clinical experience to become practitioners of psychoanalytic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis. This course provides:
- a comprehensive study of classical psychoanalysis, self-psychology, intersubjectivity, and contemporary relational and interpersonal psychoanalytic approaches to treatment
- case seminars that focus on the therapeutic techniques of each theoretical orientation
- courses offered on contemporary psychoanalytic topics, including gender and sexuality, perversions, trauma, and dissociative phenomena
Weekly Commitment for Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy Candidates
- Two 90-minute seminars on Wednesday evenings at 6:00-9:15 pm
- A rotation among group supervision/processing/intake supervision on Wednesdays 5:00-6:00 pm
- Individual 45-minute supervision (scheduled at the candidate’s convenience)
- Providing psychotherapy to patients through the Postgraduate Psychotherapy Center or the candidate’s private practice (number of clinical hours are specific to each program)
- Personal psychotherapy/psychoanalysis (weekly frequency depends on the specific program)
Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship
Individuals with a PsyD or PhD in clinical, counseling or school psychology may be eligible to complete this program on a full tuition waiver as part of the Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship.
Applicants for this program and should submit the following:
- A doctorate or master’s degree in a mental health field
- Online application form and $60 fee
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic or professional source
- Personal essay (500 words)
- All official college/university transcripts
The applicant will be contacted for a personal interview.
Awards & Recognition