Earn two valuable degrees from Adelphi’s world-renowned Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology in just five years—and save a year of tuition.
Why Earn a Combined Degree in Psychology?
A combined BA and MA in psychology unlocks opportunities across a broad range of industries. Serve your community as a mental health practitioner, or leverage your critical reasoning skills and insights into human behavior to make an impact in fields like healthcare, human resources, marketing, business or law. This versatile degree is also the perfect springboard for doctoral study if you’re interested in a research or teaching career.
Why Earn a Combined Degree in Psychology at Adelphi?
- Save on time and tuition by plotting the fastest route to graduation: Starting in the fall of your senior year, you’ll take two graduate courses per semester, then continue your studies in the following summer session.
- Benefit from a social justice-oriented education that integrates research, theory and practice at the Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology, an international leader in psychological studies.
- Customize your plan of study to your unique interests and goals — and boost your marketability — by specializing in one of three in-demand areas: general psychology, human resource management or substance abuse counseling.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Real-world learning experiences—from internships to clinical training—are key pillars of a psychology education at Adelphi. Thanks to the long-standing partnerships we’ve formed with local organizations, you’ll be able to hone your clinical skills and provide mental health services in a variety of settings, such as:
- Atria Senior Living, Inc., at Tanglewood
- Kulanu Center for Special Services
- New Hope Mental Health Counseling, PC
- New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- Northwell Health
- PRIDE Health Research Consortium
- South Oaks Hospital Northwell Health
- South Shore Association for Independent Living, Inc. (SAIL)
- Center for Cognitive and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (CCDBT)
On campus, you’ll benefit from our close ties with Adelphi’s Institute for Parenting, Alice Brown Early Learning Center and the Bridges to Adelphi Program, where you can gain valuable hands-on experience working with clients of all age groups.