The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business has launched a new MS in Professional Accounting program, adding to its offerings in undergraduate and graduate study in the field.
Jump-start your accounting career in one year, preparing for exciting career opportunities in today’s rapidly globalizing economy.
Why Earn an MS in Professional Accounting?
A master’s degree in accounting provides deeper knowledge and understanding of specific accounting skills than you would get in a traditional MBA program. You’ll study a variety of subjects including advanced accounting theory, financial reporting and practice, and taxation. And the master’s in accounting degree will prepare you for the CPA Exam and put you in position to launch your career as a staff accountant or financial analyst at a firm of any size, anywhere around the world.
Why Join the Professional Accounting MS Program at Adelphi University in New York?
- You’ll be able to complete your master’s in professional accounting degree in one year with options for full- and part-time study in close proximity to internship and professional opportunities in New York City and Long Island.
- You’ll prepare for the CPA Exam with our on-campus review course from Becker Professional Education, a leader in the exam-prep industry. You’ll receive intensive preparation for all four sections of the exam, giving you the opportunity to pass each of them within months of graduation. Passing the exam greatly increases your marketability.
- You’ll join a master’s in professional accounting program that placed 100 percent of its first graduating class in accounting positions upon graduation.
- Build on an undergraduate degree in accounting, or transition from another field, gaining hands-on professional experience and focused on career training.
Our new Graduate Merit Scholarship offers yearly awards ranging from $3,000 to $10,000. These can be renewed every year, so you can save substantially on tuition while earning a career-boosting Adelphi master’s in accounting degree.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Our MS in professional accounting program is focused on meaningful career training to help you craft a standout résumé and fine-tune interview skills. You’ll have plenty of chances to network and to learn from the industry’s best and brightest. We regularly host executives from companies and CPA firms, who speak to students about the profession and career opportunities and on cutting-edge business trends.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited four-year institution and should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- All previous college transcripts
- Personal essay
- A letter of recommendation
This program can be modified for students with undergraduate degrees in other areas who are interested in making a career change.
Graduate students officially registered in other divisions of the University may register for course work within the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business only if written permission from the appropriate dean, adviser or chair is presented at registration. It must indicate that the course work taken within the School of Business will count toward degree requirements in the corresponding program. Students registering on a continuing basis under this classification will be considered visiting students.
Graduate students officially registered in a business degree program at another accredited university may register for course work within the Willumstad School of Business if written permission from their appropriate dean, chair or program director is presented at registration.