The National Science Foundation (NSF) Division of Undergraduate Education has awarded Adelphi University and Principal Investigator Andrea Ward, PhD, associate provost for research and special projects, a $2.49 million grant for the “Ensuring STEM Student Success Through an Integrative Support Program.”
Gain the tools, training and hands-on experience you’ll need to help create a greener future.
Why Earn Your BS in Environmental Science?
Wherever you go, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to help take on environmental issues and the ability to make a difference in a number of rewarding careers including as a high school teacher, environmental scientist, hydrologist, policy developer, research and development manager, or sustainability consultant.
Why Major in Environmental Science at Adelphi?
- Receive personal attention from world-class faculty as you design a unique program of study tailored to your personal and professional goals.
- Immerse yourself in fieldwork on Long Island or as far away as the Great Barrier Reef of Australia or the Alaskan wilderness.
- Translate your passion for sustainability into a rewarding career devoted to improving our environment.
What Can You Do with a Degree in Environmental Studies and Science?
Wherever you go, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to help take on environmental issues. Make a difference as a high school teacher, environmental scientist, hydrologist, policy developer, research and development manager or sustainability consultant.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Classroom learning is just the beginning of your environmental science education at Adelphi. From the nearby shores of Nassau County to destinations across the globe, providing field experience is a vital part of our curriculum. Experiential opportunities include:
- Adelphi’s backyard: Join faculty in getting your feet wet in the 75-mile South Shore Estuary Reserve on Long Island.
- Alaska: Immerse yourself in a true wilderness, where you’ll dig for prehistoric artifacts using state-of-the-art research technologies while you learn archeological fundamentals.
- Australia: Dive into the breathtaking biodiversity of the Great Barrier Reef and the Australian rain forest as you conduct intensive field-based research.
- Wyoming: Excavate dinosaurs and discover past environments against the backdrop of a beautiful national park.
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape:
- The Honors College – fostering intellectual perspectives and critical skills
- Levermore Global Scholars – preparing students to become global thinkers and leaders
- Study Abroad – providing opportunities to experience another culture and see the world from a new perspective
- Volunteer – use your passion for the environment to help your community.
Awards & Recognition