Elevate your school social work career with a certification that can help you serve the needs of multicultural communities.
Why Earn Your Postgraduate Bilingual Extension Certificate in Social Work?
Bilingual students and their families depend on school social workers who can effectively bridge language and culture barriers. For bilingual MSW graduates seeking New York state certification in bilingual school social work, this post-MSW certificate program offers an affordable and accessible pathway to career advancement.
Why Earn a Postgraduate Bilingual School Social Work Certificate at Adelphi University in New York?
- Study while balancing family and other obligations with convenient, flexible course schedules (including evening, weekend and online courses) that allow you to work full time.
- Build a strong foundation in the fundamentals of bilingual school social work, such as experiential learning techniques, key social justice issues and best practices for working with diverse populations.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
The extension certificate requires 300 hours of field instruction. You can meet this requirement in one of the following ways:
- Evidence of completion of a bilingual, bicultural, K–12 field placement in a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited MSW program
- Current employment as a social worker in a bilingual, bicultural, K–12 setting
- Completion of a 300-hour field placement in a bilingual, bicultural, K–12 setting
Candidates for this certificate will be required to pass the Bilingual Education Assessment (BEA) and show satisfaction of the New York State Education Department workshop requirements in Child Abuse Identification and Mandated Reporting, Violence Prevention (SAVE) and Dignity for All Students Act (DASA).
Awards & Recognition