Dedicated to providing the highest levels of individualized academic, social, and vocational support services to Adelphi’s neurodiverse students. This includes students who self-disclose that they are on the autism spectrum, or students who have other non-verbal or neurological-social disorders.
Bridges to Adelphi helps you prepare for career success.
Higher Education’s First Sensory Room
Adelphi became the first university in the nation to offer a sensory room for our students on the autism spectrum.
Through a variety of services designed to help students maximize areas of strength and creativity, the Bridges to Adelphi Program (BAP) endeavors to increase community awareness and understanding, as well as foster appreciation for each student’s unique views of the world.
Bridges to Adelphi is a vital campus resource. It achieves its mission by:
- Offering individual, group, and peer mentor services, designed to help students overcome issues that may affect academic, social and vocational success; while upholding the University’s academic integrity, high standards, and expectations.
- Serving as consultant, collaborator, and liaison to the University faculty, administration, staff, and students, in addition to the surrounding community, to create an environment supportive of the intellectual, emotional, diverse, and spiritual needs of students.
- Providing outreach to families and school districts to support students’ transition to higher education and nurture educational bonds with Adelphi University.
- Providing outreach and training to other universities with similar programs, or interested in developing similar programs
- Providing training programs to companies and organizations interested in increasing their internal diversity programs
- Collecting and evaluating program data to assess the efficacy of BAP activities, and to contribute to research in the field of college programs for neurodiverse students”
World-Class Academics. Personalized Learning.
Your Path to a Rewarding College Experience.