It doesn’t take our graduates long to recognize the value of an Adelphi education. Our students find employment in their chosen fields quickly—with a typical starting salary 38 percent higher than the national average salary.
We help students launch careers of purpose—careers that lead to success, happiness and fulfillment. You’ll find a network of over 118,000 Adelphi alumni making a difference in their careers, communities and in the lives of others nationwide and throughout the world. And they begin making an impact on society soon after graduation, if not before.
With strong academics, plenty of hands-on experiences in their fields and award-winning career placement, students leave Adelphi real-world ready.
Undergraduate Student Success
Graduate Student Success
Adelphi students go places. They start and advance their careers at ‘big four’ accounting firms, international brands, leading healthcare providers, educational organizations, nonprofits, innovative entertainment companies and other exciting organizations such as:
- JP Morgan Chase
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- New York Mets
- NYU Winthrop Hospital
- Northwell Health
- New York City Department of Education
- Sesame Workshop
- United States Department of Homeland Security
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs
Top Graduate and Professional Schools
The next step. Thanks to our exceptional academic support and personalized approach, you will be well-prepared to pursue a graduate or professional degree, either at Adelphi or another institution.
Our joint degree and accelerated degree programs, along with our customized pre-professional advisement, offer highly motivated, goal-oriented students a direct path to professional careers in medicine, dentistry, engineering, environmental studies, optometry, podiatry and physical therapy. Recent Adelphi graduates have attended:
- Columbia University
- Drexel University
- Harvard University
- New York Institute of Technology
- New York University
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Texas at Austin
- Villanova University
- Washington University
- Yale University
Notable and Distinguished Alumni
We’re proud of all our Panthers. Among our alumni include Emmy-winning actors, news anchors, writers and producers; best-selling writers, chart-topping musicians and poet laureates; Olympic gold medalists, FIFA World Cup players and Football Hall of Fame inductees; and entrepreneurs, business leaders, college presidents and members of the government.
- Chuck D ‘84, ‘13 (Hon.)—legendary hip-hop artist
- Kelly Cass ‘90—on-camera meteorologist at The Weather Channel
- Robert Darling ‘81, MD—former White House physician to President Clinton
- Jeh C. Johnson ‘14 (Hon.), JD—former secretary of the United States Department of Homeland Security
- Leonard Labita ‘82—vice president and controller, New York Mets
- Joe Raiola ‘77—senior editor of Mad Magazine, the all-time best-selling humor magazine
- Jill Spitzer ‘71—first female vice president at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles
- Tonille Watkis ‘14—2016 Miss Black USA
- Jacqueline Woodson ‘16 (Hon.)—author and winner of the 2014 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature
- Michelle Martin, MBA ‘08—VP of employee engagement at CBS Corporation
- Michael Weinstein ‘06—CEO and founder of Runway Productions