You can start right away in bookkeeping and accounting—without committing to a four-year degree program.
Why Earn Your Basic Certificate in Accounting?
Students completing this certificate may be able to find positions as bookkeepers, accounting clerks, credit authorizers and clerks, brokerage clerks, and payroll clerks. This certificate program also prepares you to sit for the Certified Bookkeeper (CB) exam.
If you’re looking prep courses for CPAs in New York, this Accounting Basic Certificate program could be right for you.
Why Earn a Basic Certificate in Accounting at Adelphi?
- Explore the discipline of accounting and gain a basic understanding of accounting principles and techniques. The program consists of undergraduate courses in accounting, finance, and business.
- You’ll get qualified for entry-level accounting positions in business and nonprofit entities.
- Flexibility: Part-time students can complete the 30-hour certificate in four semesters or two years.
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies was founded to serve the nontraditional and adult student, and its admission policy reflects a commitment to enrolling students who may have not had the opportunity to complete their degree in a traditional undergraduate program.
- An SAT score is not required.
- Although past academic records are required and reviewed, more focus is placed on a student’s present motivation to earn a degree than with previous academic performance.
- The Office of University Admissions makes every effort to notify candidates of their admission decision approximately three weeks after a completed application is received.
- You can be admitted at any time during the academic year.