Expand your world of opportunities by completing two degrees in five years with a focus on accounting.
Why Enroll in a Dual-degree (4+1) BBA and MBA in Accounting?
A dual-degree BBA in Accounting and MBA with accounting specialization can enhance your marketability as you prepare for the various career options in the high-growth, multifaceted accounting field. You’ll gain all the tools you need—including training in the latest techniques and technology used by business leaders—to launch a flourishing career in the private or public sector.” Furthermore, you will complete the 150 credit hours needed to obtain the CPA license in New York State.
Why Enroll in a Dual-degree (4+1) BBA in Accounting and MBA with Accounting Specialization at Adelphi?
- Under this option, there is no need to apply separately for the MBA in accounting program in the fifth year. After completing the BBA in Accounting and maintaining good academic standing in the Willumstad School of Business, you will seamlessly transition into our yearlong MBA program with an accounting specialization.
- You will study with like-minded classmates who have a passion for accounting, and enjoy access to excellent internship and job opportunities through our powerful network of alumni and CPA firms.
- Our undergraduate accounting curriculum, which includes career-building Willumstad Winning Edge opportunities, will provide you with a strong foundation in the various areas of accounting, such as financial accounting, auditing, cost accounting and taxation. That will be followed by the MBA curriculum, along with the required graduate courses in accounting, that will strengthen your understanding of various areas of business. By the time you graduate, you will have developed advanced technical, analytical and managerial skills while exploring opportunities for full-time job placement with well-known CPA firms and other businesses.
- All students will have access to dedicated advisers who will guide them in selecting courses, help in applying for internships, steer them toward appropriate career-development events and ensure that they remain on track to graduate with a strong résumé.
- If you are planning to take the CPA exam in the near future, you’ll be able to register in our dedicated online review program from Becker Professional Education, a leader in the exam-prep industry. You’ll receive intensive preparation for all four sections of the exam.
- Most importantly, you will gain from the personalized, small-size classrooms and close engagement with the program’s expert faculty.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe strongly in the power of hands-on learning and the value it adds to our students’ future careers. Build résumé-ready experience and expand your network with an internship or job shadowing experience. The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business’ Internship and Mentorship Program will create an individualized plan of action that fits your interests and strengths, then help you craft a standout résumé and fine-tune your interview skills. Thanks to our University’s strong professional partnerships across the New York City area, students in the 4+1 pathway regularly secure internships at internationally renowned organizations.
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape:
Awards & Recognition