Equip yourself with technical, analytical and managerial capabilities that will give you an edge in this growing field.
Why Earn Your BBA in Accounting?
The profession of accounting is constantly growing and changing—in theories, regulations and practices—and is divided into two broad areas: financial or managerial. A BBA in accounting combines the fundamentals of a business program with concentrated coursework in accounting, preparing graduates to tackle complex business issues upon graduation and into the future. Earning a BBA will have you ready to launch into a successful accounting career in the public and private sectors.
Why Major in Accounting at Adelphi?
- You’ll be career-ready by the time you graduate, thanks to our unique Willumstad Winning Edge program. You’ll create your résumé, practice your interviewing skills, and get tech credentials like Microsoft Excel certification; you’ll get valuable experience through internships and job shadowing; and you’ll make career connections through our many networking opportunities. You’ll also have your own Edge adviser—in addition to your academic adviser—who will help you create a personalized program geared to your career goals.
- You’ll learn in small classes taught by faculty dedicated to your academic and career success.
- If you enroll in one of our fifth year graduate degree programs, you’ll have the opportunity to prepare for the CPA Exam in on-campus or online classes run by an industry leader, Becker Professional Education.
- You’ll gain valuable internship and career opportunities through our program’s strong connections with accounting firms and successful alumni around the globe.
- You can earn your BBA and MBA in just five years through our accelerated Accounting 4+1 program.
Accelerated Degree & Certificate Options
BBA in Accounting/MBA 4+1
We’ve streamlined your path to an advanced degree, meeting the education requirements necessary to qualify as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). In small classes, with support from faculty, you can reach your goals while saving a year’s tuition.
We offer two accounting certificates: the Basic Certificate in Accounting which prepares students for entry-level accounting positions and also prepares students to sit the Certified Bookkeeper (CB) exam, and the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting which is geared toward students who already have a bachelor's degree and who want to enhance their career in accounting.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe strongly in the power of hands-on learning and the value it plays in advancing the future careers of our students. By attending the Robert B. Willumstad School of Business, students gain valuable first-hand experience directly applying their classroom knowledge to various internship opportunities. Those seeking a CPA license will benefit from our partnership with Becker Professional Education a recognized leader in CPA exam preparation, which offers invaluable personalized on-campus preparation for the CPA exam.
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: