Learn about power, law, justice and the political process, gaining skills and hands-on experience to pursue many careers.
Why Earn Your BA in Political Science?
Make your mark in law, nonprofits, business, international affairs, lobbying or advocacy. Or you can become a policy analyst, legislative assistant, public relations/media specialist, political consultant or market researcher.
Why Major in Political Science at Adelphi?
- Receive personal attention from award-winning faculty who are recognized nationwide for their teaching and scholarship.
- Learn by doing, through study abroad, a semester in Washington, D.C., internships or a National Model United Nations course.
- Be career-ready by graduation with internships, career development opportunities and our powerful alumni network.
$100,000** Bureau of Labor Statistics 2019
Minors in Political Science
Minor in Political Science
The political science minor consists of three of the five political science fields—American government and politics, political theory, comparative government, international relations and American public policy.
Minor in Global Politics
Global politics minors learn about political phenomena taking place across borders and around the globe. They examine the political dynamics that influence our daily lives and shape our globalizing world.
Minor in Public Service
The public service minor develops a commitment to public service and will instill public-regarding values in you, including the value of good citizenship. The minor stresses the ethical implications of government decisions. An internship experience in Washington, D.C., is incorporated into the minor, giving you a look into the practical consequence of government decisions and the broader principles of public good that should guide these decisions.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Our program connects students with valuable internship opportunities both locally and in Washington, D.C. Adelphi students have secured internships with some of the most influential political offices in the New York area, including:
- New York State Assemblyman Michael LiPetri (New York’s 9th District)
- United States Congresswoman Nydia Velázquez (New York’s 7th District)
- Queens County District Attorney’s Office
- United States Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
Our students have also interned at organizations such as:
- JPMorgan Chase
- New York State Division of Human Rights
- U.S. House of Representatives Small Business Committee
- The Worker Institute at Cornell University
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: