Prepare for a career in science or medicine, and earn credit for life experience, in this program for adult learners.
Why Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Sciences?
With a degree in natural sciences, you can make an impact in a research lab, hospital or classroom as a technician, researcher, medical professional or teacher. You can also go on to medical school, veterinary school, dental school or another advanced degree program.
Why Major in Natural Sciences at Adelphi?
- Earn a career-building degree—even if you are busy with work and family life—thanks to our evening, weekend, and online course options and affordable tuition.
- Receive personal attention from faculty with real-world experience who welcome diverse adult learners of any age.
- Gain hands-on experience in our cutting-edge labs as you create your own custom curriculum in biology, chemistry, physics or environmental studies.
95%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe hands-on learning provides our students with invaluable skills that support career growth. As the final part of our program, you will engage in an individual or group project that focuses on a problem of practice in your own organization or in a sponsoring organization. Capstone projects allow you to synthesize and demonstrate to employers the knowledge and skills you learned in the program, serving as a valuable opportunity for career change or advancement.
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies was founded to serve the nontraditional and adult student, and its admission policy reflects a commitment to enrolling students who may have not had the opportunity to complete their degree in a traditional undergraduate program.
- An SAT score is not required.
- Although past academic records are required and reviewed, more focus is placed on a student’s present motivation to earn a degree than with previous academic performance.
- The Office of University Admissions makes every effort to notify candidates of their admission decision approximately three weeks after a completed application is received.