Develop career-ready skills to promote good health and prevent disease in public, private and professional settings.
Why Earn an MA in Community Health Promotion?
A master’s in community health promotion will prepare you for a variety of careers as a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES). You can work in a variety of public, private and professional settings such as healthcare, school, and community based organizations.
Why Earn Your MA in Community Health Promotion at Adelphi?
- Be mentored by knowledgeable, dynamic and caring faculty in practical coursework that emphasizes the critical role of education in promoting health, well-being and the prevention of disease.
- Gain valuable experience through our 150 required clinical/internship hours with meaningful fieldwork placements aligned with your interests.
- Dig into your specific interests with our flexible curriculum, convenient evening sessions and personal attention in small classes.
- Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
The Advanced Certificate in Community Health Promotion is designed to give students who have already attained a master’s degree in health studies or related fields the opportunity to specialize in community health promotion. The program includes 19 credits of required courses and up to 9 credits in elective courses. The plan of study is determined on an individual basis.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Our students are trained to assess social determinants of health, and successfully plan, implement and evaluate health education programs. You’ll also learn about grant writing and how to coordinate health education activities and resources among agencies.
In 2020, Adelphi received the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification for Civic Engagement, in recognition for work with area hospitals, health providers and community service projects. Our students have gained valuable experience in internships at many healthcare organizations, including:
To apply for this program, submit the following:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Résumé (preferred)
International students please submit the following:
- Copy of your passport
- English test scores (TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo)
Applicants interested in the advanced certificate program should submit the following:
- Final transcript documenting a master’s degree from an accredited four-year institution