Explore gender stereotypes and bias, both conscious and unconscious, with particular emphasis on Title IX issues (the law that protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities).
You’ll focus on gender bias in the workplace and classroom, and receive an overview of the federal law, as well as its history and implications in K–12 settings.
Can be taken individually or as part of the Diversity Certificate Program.
April 13, 2023
6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Who can benefit:
- Workplace Administrators, Managers, and Supervisors
- Workplace Human Resource Personnel
- Workplace Employees and Staff
- Principals, Teachers, Teacher Assistants and Aides, Pre-K through College
- Individuals in the Public Health, Nursing, Counseling, and Medical Fields
- First Responders, Law Enforcement, Emergency Management Personnel
- Social Development Advocates
- Any individual in the business, education, social work, and civil society communities.