This course offers an opportunity to gain experience in social / ballroom dancing. It is an excellent choice for those looking to develop fundamental dance skills as well as building on previous experience.
The instructor will break down all dance figures and combine them to form amalgamated routines. Best practice syllabus-based techniques in timing, feet positions, alignment, footwork, and lead and follow will be demonstrated. This class is suitable for first time dancers as well as those with previous experience. It is designed to build confidence and enhance social enjoyment on the dance floor. Social dancing gives you a more positive outlook on life!
Enrollment with a partner is recommended. Participants should wear comfortable clothes and leather bottom shoes or dance shoes. Sneakers or rubber bottom shoes are not recommended.
Candidate Dances: Foxtrot, Rumba, Waltz, Cha Cha, Tango, Bachata, Swing, Salsa/Mambo, and Meringue
Fall 2022 Class Details
The class will be kept to a maximum of 34 registrants.
Classes meet on Fridays from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm:
- September 16, 2022
- September 23, 2022
- September 30, 2022
- October 7, 2022
- October 14, 2022
- October 21, 2022
- October 28, 2022
- November 4, 2022
- November 11, 2022
- November 18, 2022
- December 2, 2022
Woodruff Hall, Room 304
- $75 per person for all 11 sessions for Adelphi community members and their dance partners
- $125 per person for all 11 sessions for general admission
It should be noted that there will be no refund of this fee, unless the course is cancelled. Also, the payment for non-credit courses cannot be applied to courses taken in the future for university credit.
Dual Licentiate, US Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
Schedule for Fall 2022
|Date||Time Slot 1 (45 minutes)||Time Slot 2 (45 minutes)|
|October 7||Waltz||Cha Cha|
|October 14||Waltz||Cha Cha|
|October 21||Waltz||Cha Cha|
|November 25||No Class||No Class|
- Clothes: Participants should wear comfortable clothes.
- Dance Shoes: The studio is equipped with a special floor. Only non-marring dance shoes (not used for streetwear) can be worn on that surface. A suede sole is preferred and no heel above 2 inches. Socks are permissible as an alternative. Dance shoes can be purchased from Applause Dancewear in New Hyde Park or ordered from Showtime Dance Shoes, or from any other dance-shoe source. A ballet slipper or dance sneaker is acceptable, as long as it is not for streetwear.
- No food or drink is to be brought into the room, other than bottled water.