Online Innovation Center Design Thinking Bootcamp
This course will be led by an IBM Accredited Adelphi Instructor. Upon completion of this one-week hands-on Bootcamp, you will receive an IBM Design Thinking Badge and an Innovation Center Certificate of Completion. The learning outcomes of this course will help you prepare for better design and planning when it comes to problem-solving. No prerequisites are required.
Main Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
- Collaborate within teamwork using interpersonal skills
- Use an interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving and team building
- Appreciate empathy through listening and learn to observe, reflect, and make
- Learn ideation, storyboarding, and the different types of user feedback
- Understand user feedback and the Loop
- See how design thinking is introduced and utilized in an organization
- Adopt new technologies to streamline key processes or to disrupt established markets or the competitive landscape
- Use ideation strategies to optimize problem-solving & brainstorming processes
- Learn 7 key habits of effective design thinkers and understand the importance of user research
Spring Feb. 14th-18th Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Fall Oct. 17th-21st Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
*To reserve your place for Fall please email InnovationCenter@adelphi.edu
Skill Sets this Bootcamp Enhances:
In this workshop, you will focus on enhancing skills such as Design research, Collaboration, Ideation, and Storytelling.
Icebreaker and Self-Introductions
Students will go around and introduce themselves before a brief icebreaker activity.
Enterprise Design Thinking (EDT) Badge Course
Students will follow along on their computers with the instructor for the IBM EDT badge. The course includes short pop quizzes, exercises, videos, and lecture slides.
Team Formation, Company Selection, Team Building Workshop, and Brainstorming Session
- Once you form your team you will select a company to perform the design thinking framework on.
- Assign team roles and responsibilities.
- After a brief research session, begin ideating on your company’s problem or opportunity that you want to build a solution for.
- Prepare a brief playback for the rest of the class.
Recap Learning Goals, Introduction to the Software/Toolkit for the Exercise, and Introduction to Case Study
EDT Exercise 1-4
Identify your user, their problem, and experience
- User persona and stakeholder map
- Empathy Map
- As-is-Scenario Map
- Hills & Needs Statement
- Prepare a playback
EDT Exercise 5-10
Identify your idea and new user experience
- Big Idea Vignettes
- Prioritization Grid
- To-be-Scenario Map
- Prepare a playback