Four promising student entrepreneurs pitched original business plans to a panel of judges on Tuesday, April 26, at Adelphi's annual Business Plan Competition. The challenge, which took place in the Adelphi University Innovation Center, is a yearly opportunity for competitors to win $11,000 in prizes.
Business Plan Competition
Aspiring students can vie for cash prizes in our shark-tank style competition.
All Adelphi students are eligible. Students can participate individually or in teams of 2-5 members.
Finalists will present their proposals to a panel of judges drawn from our faculty and industry leaders, competing to win $11,000 in cash prizes: $5,000 for first prize, $3,000 for second, $2,000 for third and a $1,000 award for best socially responsible approach.
Helping to Launch Your Business
- $11,000 in cash prizes*: $5,000 for first place, $3,000 for second place, $2,000 for third place, $1000 in prizes for best socially responsible approach
- Mentoring and coaching from business leaders and Adelphi faculty for all finalists
How to Apply to the Competition
Proposals will be reviewed for innovation and viability. Select participants will move to the finalist round to prepare full-fledged plans.
Contestants present their full-fledged business plan to a panel of judges, showcasing their proposed product or service or solution.
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022 – Virtual Information Session & Proposal Prep
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 – Preliminary business proposals are due
- Monday, December 12, 2022 – Names of those selected to advance will be announced
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023 – Full-fledged Business Plans are due
- Friday, March 3, 2023 – Competition day; winners are announced and prizes are awarded
First Place & Environmental, Social and Governance
Kayla Strayhorn: BU Rooftop Farming
Shuriz Hishmeh ’21: Black Soldier Fly Composting
Ruiqin Fu: Boom I Rang
First Place & Best Elevator Pitch
Zameena Jivraj: Healthspace
Eric Meirs & Yuleidy Baez: EcoDines
Yuanmeng Wang & Nadia Khan: A Light in the Alley
Abie Rawad Akhand: Eden Your Garden of Services
Elena Garcia: Maven Media
Third Place & Best Elevator Pitch
Samrat Malik: Auto Fire Hazard Control System
Chitralekha (Pooja) Kar ’18: Garden of Green
Second Place & Best Elevator Pitch
Sarah Ferraro and Sonia Melendez: BitBox Fashion
Ismael Voltaire: Volt Fit Technologies
Ismael Voltaire: TradeBookz
Stefani Kusterbeck: Tryst Cigar Lounge
Eric Boehning: Long Beach Body Art