Transfer Student Admissions: How to Apply
All records of each transfer applicant are given careful consideration at Adelphi University.
A final evaluation is based on the abilities, purposes and interests of the candidate. We may also require additional information, or we may exempt students from certain credentials.
Transfer applicants are encouraged to arrange for an interview and a campus tour prior to submitting an application.
The Admissions Committee looks forward to reviewing your application for admission to our Panther community!
Transfer Admission Deadlines and Decisions
|Application Type||Submission Deadline||Decision Date||Reply Date|
|Spring Start||Rolling Admission – Suggested Deadline: November 1*||3-4 weeks once application is complete||As early as possible after receipt of decision|
|Fall Start||Rolling Admission – Suggested Deadline: June 1*||3-4 weeks once application is complete||As early as possible after receipt of decision|
*College of Nursing and Public Health suggested deadlines are as follows for the traditional BSN program: March 1 for Fall entrance; November 1 for Spring entrance. The accelerated program deadline is as follows: January 15.
*Applications received after the suggested deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.
**Commitments received after the indicated reply date will be considered on a space-available basis for enrollment and housing.
Required Credentials for Transfer Applicants
- A completed transfer application for admission. Both the Adelphi Application and the Common Application are accepted by Adelphi University for transfer applicants. Please submit whichever application best suits your needs.
- Official transcripts from each college attended or now attending, including work in progress.
- Applicants with less than 30 college credits must also submit the following:
- Official high school transcript, indicating the date of graduation.
- For College of Professional and Continuing Studies ApplicantsCollege of Professional and Continuing Studies applicants must also submit the following:
- Essay regardless of incoming credit quantity
- For Social Work Applicants
- An admissions interview may be required for transfer students interested in social work.
- For Nursing Applicants
- Applicants to the BS in Nursing are required to submit scores from the ATI TEAS entrance exam.
- Applicants to the RN to BS in Nursing are required to submit a copy of your New York State RN license along with your application. You are not required to take the ATI TEAS exam.
- Applicants to the Accelerated BS in Nursing must provide evidence of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited 4 year college or university, three letters of reference, and a personal statement. Qualified candidates may be requested to complete an interview. You are not required to take the ATI TEAS exam.
Please review the full admissions requirements for the Accelerated BS in Nursing program