How to Apply: Guide for Transfer Students
As a transfer applicant to Adelphi University, you’ll be given careful consideration for admission.
We believe in a holistic evaluation of all documents submitted for review. That means we’ll take into account your experiences, your determination, and your potential contributions to our community in addition to your academic transcript(s). At times, we may require additional information, or choose to provide exemptions from certain requirements.
We welcome and encourage you to connect with us at any point in the process. We’re here to help answer your questions.
The Admissions Committee looks forward to reviewing your application for admission and will be happy to assist you with your transition to our Panther community!
If you are an international applicant, please review our international application requirements.
Transfer Admission Deadlines and Guidelines
|Application Deadline||Deadline Date||Decision Date||Reply Date|
|Spring Start||Rolling Admission – Suggested Deadline: November 1*||3-4 weeks once application is complete||As early as possible after receipt of decision|
|Fall Start||Rolling Admission – Suggested Deadline: June 1*||3-4 weeks once application is complete||As early as possible after receipt of decision|
|Summer Start (Accelerated BS in Nursing)||Deadline: January 14||Varies||As early as possible after receipt of decision|
*Applications received after the suggested deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.
GPA Recommendations for Admission Consideration
To help you find the program that’s right for you, check out our GPA recommendations for admission consideration.
Questions or unique circumstances impacting your GPA? Contact us and we’d be happy to advise you on the next steps.
|College of Arts and Sciences||2.3+ cumulative GPA|
|College of Education and Health Sciences||2.8+ cumulative GPA|
|College of Nursing and Public Health||3.5+ cumulative GPA|
|College of Professional and Continuing Studies||2.3+ cumulative GPA|
|Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology||2.3+ cumulative GPA|
|Robert B. Willumstad School of Business
||2.3+ cumulative GPA|
|School of Social Work
||2.8+ cumulative GPA|
Ready to Apply? We’ll need your:
- Completed transfer application for admission. We accept both the Adelphi Application and the Common Application. Please submit whichever application best suits your needs. There is no application fee!
- (Un)Official college transcript(s) from each college previously attended or now attending (domestic and/or international,) including work in progress.
- Learn about the credit evaluation process
- Review credit agreements with local institutions
- Learn about our requirements for international undergraduate records
- If you choose to enroll, we’ll eventually need your official transcripts – but for now, feel free to send along your unofficial copies for an expedited admissions decision.
- (Un) Official final high school transcript. This is only required for review for applicants with less than 30 college credits. Whether an unofficial or official copy, your high school transcript must indicate the date of your graduation.
- Personal Statement (only required for select programs): You must submit a short personal statement if you are applying to the College of Professional and Continuing Studies or to the Accelerated Nursing program detailing your interest in your respective program.
- Admissions Interview (only upon request). If you are applying to the School of Social Work or to the Accelerated Nursing degree, you may be asked to complete an admissions interview.
- Additional Admissions Requirements for Nursing Applicants:
- Applicants to the BS in Nursing are required to submit scores from the ATI TEAS entrance exam.
- Applicants to the RN to BS in Nursing are required to submit a copy of your New York State RN license along with your application. You are not required to take the ATI TEAS exam.
- Applicants to the Accelerated BS in Nursing must provide evidence of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited 4-year college or university, three letters of reference, and a personal statement. Qualified candidates may be requested to complete an interview. You are not required to take the ATI TEAS exam.
- Students wishing to transfer into the baccalaureate nursing program must have met the minimum requirements below in order to be considered for admission.
- Students who have more than two pre-requisite science grades below C+ , or who have been dismissed from another nursing program, will not be considered for admission.
Requirements for Performing and Visual Art Students
If you are applying to Adelphi as a performing or visual arts major (art, art education, dance, music, music education, theatre – acting or design technology), you must complete a portfolio review or audition, specific to your academic major of choice (in addition to the previously described application requirements). Your application can not be reviewed for an admissions decision by the Office of University Admissions until a portfolio review or an audition has been completed with the proper department.
Please select your area of interest to learn more about the required portfolio review or audition.