It's been another great year of academic achievement and recognition at Adelphi.
We’ve established new innovative programs that prepare students for in-demand careers and meet the needs of traditional and nontraditional students alike. Our faculty members and students participated in exciting research projects and fellowships, locally and globally.
Take a look at our top moments that showcase the impact of our exceptional academics at Adelphi.
- A fifth consecutive HEED Award highlights Adelphi’s role as a model of diversity and inclusion
- 21 new faculty members welcomed
- Jacqueline Jones LaMon, JD, vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion, nominated for NACCP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work
- Momentum 2, a strategic plan for a bold future, launches
- Adelphi ranked Best College, noted for value and social mobility by U.S. News & World Report
- New Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Works established to enhance learning and student success
- Three Adelphi students named Fulbright scholars
- School of Social Work hosts first Black Men’s Mental Health and Wellness Conference
- Bharat Bhisé, MBA ’78, launches Bhisé Global Learning Experience, bringing students to India
- Scholarship and Creative Works Conference held for first time in updated Ruth S. Harley University Center
- Adelphi students launch new chapter of the National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing
- A pilot program provides services to students who have not declared a major
- Computer science program receives Inspiring Programs in STEM Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine
- College of Nursing and Public Health receives nursing grant and accreditations for Adult Gerontology and Master of Public Health programs
- Four new degrees and half-semester courses for nontraditional students
- Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology celebrates 50 years of leading in psychology with a flurry of honors
- Student-entrepreneurs compete in fifth annual Business Plan Competition
- Anthropology professors apply cutting-edge methods to make big discoveries