Auditions & Portfolio Reviews for Theatre Majors
Audition for a spot in our theatre design or acting programs.
Your theatre arts career starts here with your application for admission to Adelphi. The Office of University Admissions encourages you to learn about financial aid and scholarships and complete and submit an application. The theatre program has additional admissions requirements.
Your admission to our theatre program is by audition. You will be required to present two monologues of two to three minutes each. One monologue should be classical (Shakespeare, Marlowe, Molière, Greek theatre, etc.), and the other contemporary.
Your audition will also determine whether you’ll receive one of our several talent scholarships.
At this time we are not holding in-person auditions or scheduling virtual auditions. Instead, each applicant must send video recordings of the two monologues they have prepared to the chair of the department, Nicholas Petron. His email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a rolling admission program but we suggest applicants email their recordings by April 1st.
Please call 516.877.4930 for information regarding video auditions for the Department of Theatre.
Design & Technology Portfolio Reviews
Entrance into the program is determined by a review of your portfolio for design or by interview for technical theatre. The directors and resident designers of the program will conduct the interviews. For the interview, you will need:
- A written statement about your professional goal
- Informal photograph for our files
- Written résumé of your educational background and professional and non-professional theatre experience
- Examples of previous artistic experience such as lighting plots, designs, sketches
- Portfolio of your work including drawings, paintings, models, sculpture pieces, or photographs of such work if available
- Stage management candidates must submit one to three letters of recommendation from directors and producers and/or evidence of ability and promise, in lieu of artwork.
Please call 516.877.4014 to set up an appointment via phone, Zoom, Skype or email email@example.com.