Making the Adelphi experience truly extraordinary. With their rich academic expertise combined with management experience, Adelphi’s executive leadership team is wholeheartedly committed to advancing the University and fulfilling its mission to provide a transformative academic experience.
Christine M. Riordan is the first woman to serve as president of Adelphi University. She is an internationally recognized expert in leadership development, team building and diversity and inclusion, and is recognized for her groundbreaking initiatives to personalize and transform the higher education experience.
- The provost is the chief academic officer of Adelphi University and is supported by the Office of the Provost and executive vice president of academic affairs.
Prior to coming to Adelphi in 2018, Dr. Everett oversaw four schools and several cultural centers as a dean at the University of Illinois at Chicago and, before that, he served as a professor of music and assistant vice provost for academic affairs at Emory University. He brings to Adelphi a strong belief in the power of academic research, a deep commitment to social justice and a transformative vision to prepare students for the future of work.
- The Division of Student Affairs is home to several distinct areas dedicated to student life: student involvement, health services, interfaith community, residential life and housing, student access, student counseling and student conduct.
Dr. Bakari, among his many other responsibilities, serves as an ambassador and advocate for Adelphi students. He earned his doctorate at the University of Northern Colorado and is also an alumnus of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Before coming to Adelphi, Bakari was vice chancellor for student success at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs.
- Adelphi’s Office of Enrollment Management is committed to recruiting and enrolling exceptional students. The office oversees University Admissions and Student Financial Services.
- University Communications and Marketing manages the Adelphi brand. Its team of writers, editors, designers, content producers, project managers and other communications professionals support institutional goals including enrollment, academic, and advancement priorities.
Capezza has served Adelphi in various admissions and enrollment management roles for more than a decade. Today, she oversees the admissions, student financial services, and university communications teams. Capezza has served the enrollment industry as an affiliate and past regional president of the New York State Association for College Admission Counseling. She earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing and finance from Bryant University and an MBA from Adelphi.
- Diversity is an affirmation of the richness of human differences, ideas and beliefs. That statement is the driving force behind Adelphi’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and its commitment to raise intercultural awareness and respect through “The Three Cs”: curriculum, climate and composition.
A member of the Adelphi community for more than a decade, LaMon served as an English professor, department chair, director of the MFA in creative writing program and associate dean prior to her vice president appointment. A graduate of Mount Holyoke College and UCLA School of Law, LaMon also earned an MFA in poetry from Indiana University Bloomington. She also served as president of Cave Canem Foundation, Inc., an organization committed to cultivating the artistic and professional growth of African American poets.
- Our safe, scenic and accessible campus, with its cutting-edge facilities, is made possible by the Office of Finance and Administration. This division oversees all University resources, operations, personnel and policies.
Perrino has nearly 40 years of finance and operations experience, and he’s spent most of his career dedicated to higher education and not-for-profit organizations. A certified public accountant in New York and New Jersey, Perrino has worked for leading consulting services firms including KPMG.
- The Office of the President supports President Christine M. Riordan, Adelphi’s executive leadership and the board of trustees. The office also manages presidential communications and academic ceremonies.
- The Advancement and External Relations team encompasses advancement, alumni relations and special events. The professionals across these areas are responsible for fundraising, alumni engagement, community outreach and producing campus events of all sizes.
A Panther through and through, Grafer has been engaging the Adelphi community and its supporters for more than 25 years. Her higher education career began in student involvement and athletics and, since 2004, has served in communications and external relations leadership roles. She has a BA in political science and an MA in sports management, both from Adelphi.