Adelphi fosters champions inside the classroom and out. Our 23 Division II intercollegiate teams have earned six national titles since 2001 and many of our student-athletes make the Northeast-10 Commissioner’s Honor Roll.
We will become an outstanding private university, known everywhere for our academics, our three exciting New York locations and our experiential learning. Rankings, awards and media coverage will advance both our brand and the Adelphi Advantage, all around the world.
Here is a sample of our key initiatives.
Define Brand Strategy and Communications Plan
- Adelphi will adopt a multidimensional brand strategy and communications plan to elevate our profile and presence.
- Adelphi will be on tour throughout the nation by mobilizing our stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, alumni and leadership) as ambassadors who bring our story to a larger audience.
Leverage Signature Accomplishments and Programs
- Adelphi will amplify our signature accomplishments in the context of today, tomorrow and our proud history—from our nationally recognized athletics programs and community engagements to our academic excellence and our traditionally prominent role in the arts.
Promote and Celebrate
- Adelphi will begin an intensive media relations campaign that promotes and celebrates the achievements and successes of the people who represent our University: students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Adelphi will be seen increasingly in national news with our stories of personal transformation.
Implement a National Rankings Improvement Program
- Adelphi will create a comprehensive program to enhance our national reputation, applicable on an institutional and program basis.
Awards and Recognition:
Adelphi University has been nationally recognized and cited by several well-respected organizations and publications such as The Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report, Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education, Money and Forbes as a top choice for a quality education. At a time when higher education is under intense scrutiny to demonstrate its relevance and value, we’re proud to know that other people are taking notice of the great things happening at Adelphi.
- U.S. News & World Report—Top 150 National University Rank
- U.S. News & World Report—Top Ranked Graduate Programs
- Clinical Psychology
- Social Work
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Business (part-time MBA)
- Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education—Top U.S. College 2019
- The Princeton Review—Best Northeastern Colleges
- Forbes—America’s Top Colleges
- Washington Monthly’s College Guide—National Universities Ranking
- Long Island Press—Bethpage Best of Long Island 2019
- Best College President
- Best College Sports Coach
- Best College Sports Program
- Abound—Grad School—National Recognition for Our Professional Graduate Programs
- Teachers.org—Top-20 School for Education Master’s Degree
- U.S. News & World Report—Best Social Work Program
- Niche—Best Colleges for Performing Arts in America
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International reaccreditation and Abound—Top MBA Program—Robert B. Willumstad School of Business
- Center for World University Rankings (CWUR)—Derner School of Psychology ranked fourth worldwide among Psychology, Psychoanalysis
- Niche—Best Colleges for Nursing in America
- Money Magazine—Best Colleges for Your Money
- Niche—Best Value Colleges in America, Best Colleges in America, Best College Locations in America
- PayScale—Best Value School
- Colleges of Distinction—Career Development College Recognition
Diversity and Inclusion
- Campus Pride Index—Premier Campus
- College Choice—Top 50 Disability-Friendly Colleges and Universities
- INSIGHT Into Diversity—Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award
- LGBT SportSafe—Gold Medallion Status
- Military Friendly® Schools
- U.S. News & World Report—Best Colleges for Veterans
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs—Yellow Ribbon Program Schools
- Women’s Choice Award—Top 300 Excellent Schools for Women
- Washington Monthly—Best Colleges for Adult Learners – 4-Year Colleges
- American Association of University Administrators (AAUA)—2019 Exemplary Models Award
- National Research Center for College and Universtiy Admissions (NRCCUA)—Eduventures Innovation Award
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, Top 25 Women in Higher Education—President Christine M. Riordan
- Long Island Press Power List of the 50 most influential people on Long Island—Christine M. Riordan, PhD
- Research Award for 2019—Jacques Barber, PhD, dean of the Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
- 2019 ATHENA Young Professionals Leadership Award—Stephanie Espina, director of freshman admissions
- 2019 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Recognition Award and the Long Island Business News Executive Circle Award— Perry Greene, PhD vice president for diversity and inclusion