Dilara Islam ’16 moved to New York City from Bangladesh, where she says professional aspirations were rare for young women. Today she is at the global law firm Latham & Watkins LLP. This Levermore Global Scholar made her own way.
We will extend the reach and resources of our community through a potent network of relationships. We’ll bring together faculty, staff, families, alumni and business and industry partners, maximizing our traditional associations here on Long Island as well as in the great city that is our neighbor.
Here is a sample of our key initiatives.
Develop University Pride
- Adelphi will continue to build pride among faculty, staff and students through the work of the Spirit Committee.
- Adelphi will inspire and engage with our alumni, cultivating an awareness of their achievements and a lifelong connection to Adelphi via enhanced programming and development of a suite of services tailored to specific areas of their expertise and interests.
Build a Robust Parents and Families Program
- Adelphi will build a comprehensive parents and families program that engages them fully with student life.
Develop University-Wide Strategic Partners Program
- Adelphi will continue to build a bridge to nearby New York City with our innovative new NYC Scholars Program, in-demand new paths of study at our New York City location, and life-changing workshops and internships within the Broadway, tech and financial communities.
- Adelphi will promote the University as a resource for regional business growth with a robust strategic partners and affiliates program.
- Adelphi will develop corporate, community and government partnerships to grow the University’s education, research and service opportunities.
- Adelphi will integrate our programs—such as the signature offerings of our Center for Health Innovation (CHI)—into local, state and national economic development initiatives.
- We will increase existing partnerships in health, the arts, business and media to enhance networking opportunities.