Change of Address
As an F-1 status international student, you are required to provide your physical and mailing address to your school.
You also must regularly report any changes to your designated school official (DSO) to ensure that your information is correct in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Federal regulations require that you report a change of address within 10 days to your DSO to maintain your student status.
Important Safety Information:
- SEVP will never call you on the phone for any of these notifications.
- SEVP will only communicate important notices via U.S. postal service or your email listed in SEVIS.
- If you have a question about a notice you received from SEVP, speak with your DSO.
Your DSO can answer any questions you may have regarding your information in SEVIS and can help you maintain your status while you study in the United States. You can also contact the SEVP Response Center with your case-specific questions.
Student Process to Update Address:
The student is responsible for updating the physical address directly through the eCampus account in the My Profile services. This update will trigger all necessary changes to the academic and immigration record.
- Log onto your eCampus account and select the My Profile Service.
- Once here, you should update your current physical address.