We provide information and resources on U.S. taxes as well as how to get a Social Security number, driver’s license and identification.

Driver’s License & Non-Driver ID

Some students may choose to drive during their studies in the United States. You can also choose to get a New York state ID that allows you to prove your identity without carrying your passport.

Lost or Stolen Passport

If you lose or have your passport stolen, you should immediately report it to the local authorities and apply for a replacement passport.

Social Security Number

A Social Security number (SSN) is used to report your wages to the U.S. government and to determine eligibility for Social Security benefits. Social Security numbers can be assigned to international workers who are authorized to work in the United States.

Taxes, Filing and Forms

Find out what you need to know about preparing and filing your United States tax returns. We understand this can be a confusing process and created this helpful guide to assist you.

Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)

This is an identification number used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the administration of tax laws.

Phone Number
More Info
Post Hall, 203
  • Regular Semester Hours Mon - Fri: 8:30 am–4:30 pm
Search Menu