Every year, Adelphi honors four exceptional employees with a President’s Award for Excellence and one employee with the President’s Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. According to President Christine M. Riordan, the honorees “have won the admiration of their peers and colleagues by providing an extraordinary level of service to the University, and working to advance our shared…
President’s Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The President’s Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an award granted annually to an individual that has demonstrated a commitment to promoting and advancing diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism at Adelphi University.
We recognize the efforts of our community members who help advance Adelphi University’s goal to be a model of diversity, equity, inclusion, multiculturalism and antiracism. The President’s Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion was established in 2020 to annually recognize a non-faculty staff member who has demonstrated a commitment to promoting and advancing our core values and goals in this area.
2022 President’s Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Honoree
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
School of Social Work
The awardee will receive a commemorative plaque and a $2,500 stipend. The honoree will be announced in a campus-wide communication and honored in a special celebratory edition of The Insider, along with the President’s Award for Excellence and Milestone Service awards of our long-standing employees.
Who is Eligible for the Award?
To be nominated for the President’s Award for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the individual:
- Must be a non-faculty Adelphi employee (Faculty are eligible for Faculty Excellence Awards).
- Must have completed at least two years of continuous full‑time service in the department for which they work.
- Must not have received the award in the past five years.
The president, the Executive Leadership Team, assistant and associate provosts, assistant and associate vice presidents, executive directors, deans, academic department chairs, students and full‑time faculty are not eligible for this award.
Who Decides Who Receives the Award?
- A committee from the Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging and diverse constituents from our community; including students, faculty, staff from different departments, will select the awardee. The University President will approve a final decision.
- Nominations are welcome from anyone in the campus community, except relatives.
- The deliberations of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Office will be strictly confidential.
What are the Criteria for Selection?
- Recipients should be role models for the University, particularly supporting Goal #3 of Momentum, to establish Adelphi as a model of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Awardees should have helped Adelphi, or our community, reach at least 3 of the 2020-2021 priorities
- Nominees are evaluated on the basis of substantive evidence included in the portfolio for each candidate.
- The responsibility for assembling and submitting the portfolio for each nominee rests with the nominator.
Raysa Amador PhD
Adelphi's First Presidential Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award Recipient