The Presidential Award for Diversity and Inclusion
The Presidential Award for Diversity and Inclusion is a new award granted annually to an individual that has demonstrated a commitment to promoting and advancing diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism at Adelphi University.
The demonstration of this commitment must be aligned with Momentum’s Goal 3 on Diversity and Inclusion and can be shown in both emerging and sustainable ways through such verifiable activities as:
- Service Learning
- Program development
- Student support
- Recruitment and retention efforts
- Community outreach
- Demonstrates an emerging or sustained commitment to diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism above and beyond the expectations of a particular job or role
- Promotes a campus climate that is free from bias and discrimination
- Contributes to the advancement and promotion of diversity and inclusion
- Advances diversity awareness, knowledge and/or skills
- Promotes institutional policies and practices that promote diversity
The recipient of The Presidential Award for Diversity and Inclusion will be honored with a certificate of appreciation and a monetary award of $1000.
Nomination and Selection Process
Eligible members of the Adelphi community are welcome to submit nominations (Executive Leadership, Staff and administrators of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion are not eligible for nomination). Nominees must be current faculty, staff, administrator, student or group of Adelphi University for a minimum of one academic year.
Contact the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for more information on the nomination and selection process.
Raysa Amador Ph.D
Adelphi's First Presidential Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award Recipient